All Microbore F&R Go To One Manifold,How Does This Work?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't understand. I'm changing over the pipework in the loft of my parents' small bungalow so that they can have a combi, instead of the current vented system.

They only have 4 rads, and as you can see from my diagram, all F and R microbore pipes are plumbed into a single manifold. I expected there to be 2 manifolds, one flow, one return, but this manifold has flow in one end and return out the other.

How does this work? Is the manifold divided internally to keep F and R seperate? Can I use this manifold for the combi, piping the flow to one end of manifold, and return to the other? Or do I have to use seperate manifolds for the comb?

Sponsored Links
Must be seperated in the manifold.
Get your boiler installer to check its suitability!

I can't check with the installer, he's away sunning himself for 2 weeks :cool: I think it the caribbean! :eek:

I'm supposed to have it all ready for his return. Do manifolds with combined F and R exist? Isn't it more common to have 2 seperate manifolds?

Sponsored Links
theres a disc brazed in the middle to seperate f /r :idea:

:idea: Thanks Kev, that makes sense. One other question: most pipes to the manifold are 8mm, but two to a newer rad are 10mm. How did they do this, is it by using 8mm and 10 mm olives, or do you need to change the compression nut too?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back