All the New Houses - Who Is Buying Them?

• Thread starter Deleted member 18243
  • Start date
A load of spaced ex council properties bought up, knocked down and filled with matchbox houses and flats. A rabbit warren with space left for one fairly large Aldi. The once established living accommodation sizes appear to have been dropped.

They're building an eco garden village about a mile from me, housing footprint on the site will be about 50% of the usual concentration used by developers, and they're incorporating the old clay pits and lakes. Stunning development, shame we don't see more like it. Supposedly it will be local purchasers only with about 30% affordable.

The Garden Village - West Carclaze (westcarclaze-gardenvillage.co.uk)

Sponsored Links
A load of spaced ex council properties bought up, knocked down and filled with matchbox houses and flats. A rabbit warren with space left for one fairly large Aldi. The once established living accommodation sizes appear to have been dropped.
It's farcical tbh. Ok, we all understand that land has increased in cost etc, however for many, ex-council houses are a much better option (those not ear-marked to be knocked down that is!) with good sized accommodation and often a great garden space. We really are a joke as the human race in the way we plan some things. Cars getting ever bigger, the 'garage' with many new builds only fit for a Smart car! Huge sofas and accompanying furniture to be shoe-horned into very small rooms, unless you have the £££ to buy a larger new build.

Joke.

Did you vote for Thatcher….you know the one who flogged billions of council houses….and here you are whinging about a housing crisis.
Even if it was just one billion council houses that Thatcher sold, with a UK population of around 60 million, we must have all had around 16 council houses per person. Far too many, no wonder she sold some of them off. :rolleyes:

I've told you before a million times - don't exaggerate!

Sponsored Links
The argument the housing crisis is caused by immigration is easily disproved.

There has been significant immigration over the last 2 decades.
but unemployment has stayed low

So those people coming here must be needed for jobs.

Well in that case, the problem is not immigration

The argument the housing crisis is caused by immigration is easily disproved.

There has been significant immigration over the last 2 decades.
but unemployment has stayed low

So those people coming here must be needed for jobs.

Well in that case, the problem is not immigration

And this is why I won't vote Labour...... you speak like a true lefty......

Of course immigration has had an impact on the housing shortage.
It doesn't mean immigrants are bad it just means they are here wanting the same life/house we want.

Stop talking donkeys böllocks

And this is why I won't vote Labour...... you speak like a true lefty......

Of course immigration has had an impact on the housing shortage.
It doesn't mean immigrants are bad it just means they are here wanting the same life/house we want.

Stop talking donkeys böllocks

WRONG

the UK has needed immigration to fuel its economy

since end of transition the UK has massive shortages of: nurses, farm workers, drivers, meat processors, care workers, hospitality, construction workers.
And it is stopping the UK recover from pandemic.

I’m sorry Bodd, you are the one spouting utter utter utter utter utter utter bolox.

the UK has needed immigration to fuel its economy

Agree

since end of transition the UK has massive shortages of: nurses, farm workers, drivers, meat processors, care workers, hospitality, construction workers.
And it is stopping the UK recover from pandemic.

This can't be denied

I’m sorry Bodd, you are the one spouting utter utter utter utter utter utter bolox.

Just tell me straight....

Could you give an example of the ‘far right press’

Right-Wing-extremism.jpg

Could you give an example of the ‘far right press’

Yes. But I'd rather have my eyeballs removed with a corkscrew before sharing a link to them.

If you somehow don't know about them, then you are very lucky. I suspect you know the types of groups I am referring to though.

Sponsored Links
Back