All the New Houses - Who Is Buying Them?

• Thread starter Deleted member 18243
  • Start date
Is there anything you wouldn't do for money?

Sure. Most things. You think it's immoral or sth to want to not see your money devalue with inflation?
Moralizing's a bit rich coming from someone who doesn't want to take in ANY refugees.

And it's Christmas, not xmas.
Nah, xmas will do.. Religion is just fairy stories, and off-the-shelf morality. They're even dragging religion into the chocolate bunny holiday.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Quite clearly, that 200,000 doesn't include the 5.3 million who were granted settled status in the UK?
Many of them have lived here decades.

oh and EU workers contribute more to the economy than the British, especially the lazy Brexit supporters.

Sponsored Links
Says who?

R.21bd0d4d828770cd6809968de3d3e5e8

down our way, loads of 2nd homes / holiday homes / buy to let
Big issue locally with the 1000's of houses they are building here , on the coast

my son is looking in woking, and is a first time buyer, for a 3bed semi/end of terrace and all the competition is cash or buy to let , offering over the asking price....

down our way, loads of 2nd homes / holiday homes / buy to let
Big issue locally with the 1000's of houses they are building here , on the coast

my son is looking in woking, and is a first time buyer, for a 3bed semi/end of terrace and all the competition is cash or buy to let , offering over the asking price....

Woking….only one the most expensive parts of one the most expensive counties in the country…..

I used to get lots of jobs around that area: Cobham, Weybridge, Esher etc - all super expensive regions due to fast access to the city yet quite rural at the same time

It hasn't done that until you actually sell it.
Well the valuation since before, has gone up by that much. What reason would there be for believing the current valuation is less reliable than the previous one?

There's always a range of "values" depending how quickly you need to sell. Estate agents are often unrealistic about the worthwhileness of reducing a price, to the vendor. They just want their commission in a hurry.

Moralizing's a bit rich coming from someone who doesn't want to take in ANY refugees.

You're quoting me out of context. I say we should take no refugees at the moment as we cannot afford it. Most of Britain's income goes on the interest payments of the National Debt.

But you don’t give a monkeys about them.

you don’t care refugees, you right wing lot all want to claim it’s somebody else’s problem.

Didn't you used to be right wing?

I care about refugees most probably more than you do..... I think we all know there are numbers and limits as to who will succeed in their process. You however would have economic migrants take places of genuine people lly have a real reason.

Woking….only one the most expensive parts of one the most expensive counties in the country…..
yep, and because of the commuter link , thats why hes looking and can afford, however, my point was its the buy to let / cash thats is hes main competition , as a first time buyer... and so these are the people who are buying
Last property 4 offers , his, 2 buy to let and 1 cash

Slightly OT but I've read more than a few articles and seen on tv progs about folk being priced out of their own area, usually small towns and villages, often old fishing ports. However this got me thinking. What's probably happened in quite a few of these places is older people dying off and younger people moving away due to lack of jobs and exciting stuff to do. Result? Properties going up for sale. Whoever has been selling the properties has evidently been quite happy to sell to 'out of towners' possibly due to them offering more/most. So gradually over the years, more and more local people die/move away and more and more non-locals snap the properties up. The balance then swings too much the other way and some of the areas are becoming ghost towns during the week or out of holiday season.

However surely this isn't directly the fault of those buying the properties? If the locals were so keen to keep their area predominantly 'locals only' sellers should have done everything in their power to sell to locals. Or could it be perchance they were swayed by the highest bid ;)

Sponsored Links
Back