Alternative gas valve for an obsolete boiler?

Sponsored Links
The trouble is Dan that a lot of engineers use the prv to drain down even though the drain off facility is there. The new compact has a prv at the front which is right next to the drain off . People still use the prv still. The mind boggles

Ballox, you can't even get in to pop the PRV!! It's a total shyte heap!!

Need to brush up on yer skills puller, big time. Various ways to change prv

1) remove pump, 10 secs. Undo plate 2 screws, reach in and remove prv
2) turn gas off, remove gas ISO valve. Pop your little hot dog holder in behind and remove.
3) boiler off wall takes no more than 25 mins

Will pop back on tomorrow for more tips. Tell me what your struggling with and I ll get on it.

As for expensive parts, load of bullox, probs cheaper end spares in the industry

Again, complete balloxs, mate you're clueless. Have you ever worked on quality boilers.
The most experienced, well qualified & skilled guys, tell you these boilers are shyte.

Sponsored Links
There is a commonly held view that those who make the most noise on internet forums, and claim to have the most experience, are often the least qualified to offer an opinion.

Just saying.

Yup Dan, he's talking as much shyte as the boiler he's selling are shyte......totally clueless drivel!!

Just to clarify puller old chap, I don't sell Worcester boilers, i fix them as a service engineer, I don't need to, the product and aftercare service sells themselves. If you are interested in sales though......the last 3 years all sales records have been blown out of the water. This years end finished on a record year to December. And have further gained another 3% of market share, making them the biggest most successful boiler manu in Britain. Wb will be around for many more years to come you ll be pleased to hear.

Just to clarify puller old chap, I don't sell Worcester boilers, i fix them as a service engineer, I don't need to, the product and aftercare service sells themselves. If you are interested in sales though......the last 3 years all sales records have been blown out of the water. This years end finished on a record year to December. And have further gained another 3% of market share, making them the biggest most successful boiler manu in Britain. Wb will be around for many more years to come you ll be pleased to hear.

Rubbish 'boilerquack' Ideal sell most boilers in the U.K. Like WB boilers, they talk shyte too!!

I dont install anymore too many doing it for pennies and I hate Worcester over priced and piles of shoite good after sales but the poor customer pays dearly for it would never recommend them

I've made no claims about experience, although I service and repair as much as I install. A Wooshitter Botch are a massive ball ache.

Oh but Dan, if you throw in over 100 a year they're great boiler!!

Of course there's pros & cons to every boiler manufacturer & model. But for poor design, poorly manufacturered & reliability - WB has got to be one of the worst!!

I dont install anything just repair. While the valves are still good and you can shut them off there's nothing really tricky on the cdis. Only boilers I dont like are ferolli optimax he31c and domicompacts.

I love all boilers, the cheaper, the nastier the better. Short warranties are brilliant, expensive parts? Better still. Also the more knob heads out there who think they can fix them is a bonus too!

Fixing boilers is a job for life. If you know what you are doing, you can't fail.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back