Alternative gas valve for an obsolete boiler?

Sponsored Links
The trouble is Dan that a lot of engineers use the prv to drain down even though the drain off facility is there. The new compact has a prv at the front which is right next to the drain off . People still use the prv still. The mind boggles

The trouble is Dan that a lot of engineers use the prv to drain down even though the drain off facility is there. The new compact has a prv at the front which is right next to the drain off . People still use the prv still. The mind boggles

What it gets used for is not an excuse for the crap design. That reason was dreamt up by a total ******. Or possibly the marketing department's resident gimp.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Just tell them their design and marketing departments are amongst the highest order of arseholes in the industry.

But then I suspect that already know that ;)

Show someone a red knob and they tend to either smack it, pull it or twist it

And that's a reason to put a very common point of failure in a stupid location? Such that it can necessitate the complete removal of between half of and the whole appliance?

You're having a laugh. Or have been totally brainwashed

Dan check out my advice to puller pal, your doing it wrong if you are removing half to all of the boiler to replace.

Maybe stick to installing ?

I'll agree on the use of the PRV bathroom fitters are the fookin worst for using the PRV for draining off. Stop moaning don't get Worcester to change design cos I love it when they go, spend an hour sortin exp/replacing prv, an hour sat twiddling my thumbs and an hour counting my cash at home. charge accordingly and it's way more then worthwhile.

I'll agree on the use of the PRV bathroom fitters are the fookin worst for using the PRV for draining off. Stop moaning don't get Worcester to change design cos I love it when they go, spend an hour sortin exp/replacing prv, an hour sat twiddling my thumbs and an hour counting my cash at home. charge accordingly and it's way more then worthwhile.

Brilliant. an hour sat twiddling my thumbs. Just the sort of thing that Bernie accuses all of us doing. You,seriously,should be ashamed. And Boiler Dok for agreeing. Charging accordingly, on my opinion, is charging (according to your scale, which is your own business) for times spent, or if you are doing it on a fixed price, don't lie to the punter about the expected time.

Brilliant. an hour sat twiddling my thumbs. Just the sort of thing that Bernie accuses all of us doing. You,seriously,should be ashamed. And Boiler Dok for agreeing. Charging accordingly, on my opinion, is charging (according to your scale, which is your own business) for times spent, or if you are doing it on a fixed price, don't lie to the punter about the expected time.

Not lying, I quote them fixed price so technically wasting my own time. It was a hint at sarcasm, but seriously 2 of these a day, 3 days a week and I could sit twiddling my thumbs a lot more. Lads round here don't like doing them at all, maybe I've got small hands but find them a peice of **** and great earner. I'd sooner be changing these PRVs then replacing ANY parts on a fookin highflow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back