Am I bee. Ripped off?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning all. I need a diverter valve replaced in my glow worm 28c boiler I have been quoted over phone 400 quid and I have a gas boiler engineer coming out today to see if that's what needs done. Am I Been ripped off?

Sponsored Links
The link won't open for me
Google 'fixed price repairs glow worm'. Should get you this:

DFA59B65-09EE-4ECA-9A6D-768F9146C200.png

Sponsored Links
How is the op being ripped off ? he has been quoted a price so its take it or leave it, if he can get it cheaper good for him but he isint being ripped off .

It’s just words mate, we know what he’s trying to say, don’t make a meal of it. "Am I going to be overcharged if I accept this quote". "Am I paying more than I need to for this repair". Or similar. People come on here for help, not criticism. Help the OP if you can, say nothing if you can’t.

Those valves can be serviced in situ. £400 for a complete valve swap isn’t over the top.

Ask if he can refurb it for you. The kits are readily available. I’ve done loads and it’s always been straight forward

I am not the one using the words "ripped off" why not get 3 quotes instead of coming on a plumbers forum complaining about repair costs.

Are you a boiler repairer ? just a question as you agreed that it "looks like it" he was being ripped off.

I am not the one using the words "ripped off" why not get 3 quotes instead of coming on a plumbers forum complaining about repair costs.
Well I guess he doesn't know if that's a typical price.

I don't think he is complaining, he isn't saying "I'm not paying that much", he is saying "is the price more than it should be"

Are you a boiler repairer ? just a question as you agreed that it "looks like it" he was being ripped off.
No, I was assuming he was asking a question similar to what I and Notch7 has said and if that is the question, my answer would still be 'looks like it'.

"Am I going to be overcharged if I accept this quote". Looks like it
"Am I paying more than I need to for this repair". Looks like it.
"Is the price more than it should be". Looks like it.

So mottie has no idea what a repair costs but is happy to point out that it "looks like it" the op is being ripped off:rolleyes: as I said before the op used the words ripped off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back