Am I charging too much??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a customer complain yesterday that I charge too much!! What a cheek!!
£85/hour for gas work & £60/hour for everything else, it's about the norm around these parts.

Why do customers of a certain race don't want to pay you & expect work to be done for nothing :?: :?:

Sponsored Links
Because it is in their culture to haggle. There are plenty of plumbers/ heating engineers of the same race so best to let them do the work.

Every tradesman is worth what somebody is willing to pay them. If you can get that sort of money from most customers with no complaints then why would you not charge it?

If you were too expensive you would eventually end up with no work. You can't please everyone. If he reckons he can get it cheaper elsewhere, bill him for your time so far and let him get someone else next time.

I stopped doing domestic work years ago as I find most people not in the trade always want something for nothing and think you should be working for £100 a day and be grateful.

I now only do contract work where all parties involved have a realistic understanding of cost and will pay the right money for a consistent service of good quality work.

Sponsored Links
From what I've heard that seems quite high for Lancashire, I know people that charge them prices for down south.

I had a customer complain yesterday that I charge too much!! What a cheek!!
£85/hour for gas work & £60/hour for everything else, it's about the norm around these parts.

Why do customers of a certain race don't want to pay you & expect work to be done for nothing :?: :?:

Can't understand why gas work should be £25 an hour more than everything else when it takes the same amount of time?

lancashire is down south from lanarkshire :rolleyes: .

its grim 'up norf' :LOL:

should that be 'darn sarf'?

From what I've heard that seems quite high for Lancashire, I know people that charge them prices for down south.

Naw!! I'm in Glasga, the second city of the British empire!!
Gawd save the Queen!!

Ah, Lancashire I've some lovely friends there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back