Am I going to be sued ?

dcdec.
31st Jan and still no word....surely, surely now she's taking it no further..Would be surprised now if I heard from her. Thanks for all the advice..much appreciated. obviously if I hear from her will be back on.

Sponsored Links
Me too i've just read all seven pages and was surprised not to see a conclusion.

The TV constantly shows programmes featuring dodgy tradesman which they name and shame, it would be nice to feature dodgy customers and name and shame them.

There is without doubt a percentage of society who prey on tradesman, they have realised that our reputations are of great importance and the threat against this reputation can convince the gullible tradesman to give in/ pay up in cases such as this to protect themselves.

These leacherous scumbags then end up with free work and move on to the next poor trade with another job they want doing with absolutely no intention of it costing them anything from the start.

Stick to your guns and teach her a lesson and it wouldn't hurt for her name to be quietly passed around all the local trade shops/counters.

Good luck and keep us updated.

I agree with you there mate, I now own a wholesale supply shop and we have a board up in our shop on the side of the drinks fridge where guys can put up the name and number of bad paying and abusive customers to warn other tech's to steer clear of these inbred moron's. It works quite well for us and I suggest you get your wholesaler's to do the same. Best of luck mate , and keep us informed.
Cheers Ian

bit dodgy doing that but a good thing, I know a builders merchant who, if a customer bounces a cheque, he photocopies and enlarges it, then pins it on the wall above the counter, supposedly to warn his staff not to accept any more cheques from them, but of course it also warns everyone else :LOL:

bit dodgy doing that but a good thing, I know a builders merchant who, if a customer bounces a cheque, he photocopies and enlarges it, then pins it on the wall above the counter, supposedly to warn his staff not to accept any more cheques from them, but of course it also warns everyone else :LOL:

Yeah, a lot of petrol stations do that here in Oz, name and shame the mongrels who pass dud cheques. We have a couple of Real Estate agents here (one especially, who has been banned from operating and she just keeps flaunting the law and rips people off) who try it on, but the guys all know them and steer clear of then now. Had one the other day (of whom we had never heard of) who wanted me to send about $500.00 worth of gear to their office and they said they will pay it when head office pays the bills next month. I told them come and pick it up and bring a credit card, but funnily enough we haven't heard back from them.

Sponsored Links
WOW...Unbelievable..Can't beleive it !!
After all these months I've received a letter from a solicitor acting on her behalf seeking damages of £1872.01.
The letter is a ' claim within the meaning of parag. 2 of Annex A of the pre action protocol Practice Direction ' ..........here we go again...start all over again !!!!!! :(

After all these months I've received a letter from a solicitor seeking damages of £1872.01.

Big Deal! :rolleyes:

Those letters are sent out every day on thick paper at a cost of approx £40-50 and are designed to scare you (and other people) into paying up.

If it goes to court the judge will make his decision on the evidence presented to him so you will have to gather all the evidence you can if it goes that far.

Suggest you respond with a short and sweet letter saying that you have received the letter and am happy to let a judge settle this matter.

:D

A true Rogue Customer! Now if only Dominic littlewood and the fat b***** would only go after a few of those.

Shes trying it on - bet that £1871 was invoiced by a friend and she will split half to get her £900 . Let it go to small claims and fight your corner.

Nothing will come of it. She accepted your work and paid you. She had plenty of time to check it - and was happy. She completed the contract. She has no chance to take it further.

write a letter back saying see you in court plus say you be counter sueing for costs and for effect it had on your family life

Without Prejudice ...........................Written @ the top of a letter means it can`t be used in a legal action :idea: apparently - and Good Luck.

Without Prejudice ...........................Written @ the top of a letter means it can`t be used in a legal action :idea: apparently - and Good Luck.

Not quite.

“Without Prejudice” correspondence remains “Privileged” even after a compromise has been reached and is generally inadmissible in any subsequent litigation on the same subject matter whether between the same or different parties. However, where the negotiations are successful and the “Without Prejudice” correspondence constitutes a binding contract the correspondence may be produced to prove that such a contract has been entered into

Laws bad enough without incorrect assumptions.
Not a go, just making the point clearer.

Had to go thru it.
Not like another here making shte up.

As I said only mentioning what I have been through. No insult or malice intended.

I am pretty sure she PAID you for your service's and that she accepts. To me there is no legal way she can get it back as said on the UK POUND (and almost on all currencies worldwide)

2uohrw3.jpg

So CHILL, let them do what they want to in the end she would end up loosing more money on legal.

Sponsored Links
Back