Amazon takes another step...

I tend to only shop at amazon if I need the item next day and can't get it elsewhere.
I do find them convenient for their range, availability of unusual items, their return procedure, and convenience and speed.
I do disagree with a multitude of aspects of their business model, but the convenience over-rides my concerns, unfortunately.

Sponsored Links
You seem to have been triggered by mention of the fact that Amazon is a tax-Dodger.
Not really. I buy loads from them. What I find ironic is that the big E is moaning about them now but there was no moaning when he mentioned his firestick and even asked if he could run another on on the same account. Double standards - something he accuses others of. Tut tut.

As for cancelling 'his' account with them, that's another load of bulls hit.

The reason I was looking at the LG was a dedicated Prime link - the only (limited) source at the moment for 4k for us due to family insisting on Amazon account!

Not that it's any of your business, but I just cancelled that account.

@ellal Is that a family decision or are you just going to do that and to hell with what they want?

Not really. I buy loads from them. What I find ironic is that the big E is moaning about them now but there was no moaning when he mentioned his firestick and even asked if he could run another on on the same account. Double standards - something he accuses others of. Tut tut.

As for cancelling 'his' account with them, that's another load of bulls hit.

@ellal Is that a family decision or are you just going to do that and to hell with what they want?
The hypocrisy is not just confined to Amazon, but apparently extends to the benefit system specifically and the UK generally. :rolleyes:

But nothing new there. The people she champions are all at it.

Sponsored Links
Amazon openly state they see all markets open to them and will compete with everyone. But Prime and Alexa are convenient and the alternatives are pretty poor. I tend to only shop at amazon if I need the item next day and can't get it elsewhere. 9/10 they are more expensive. I prefer to reward good service.
It’s the delivery. simples.

I said all along to my family/friends etc that Amazon is chatting BS. Visa must be LOL their bull oxs

Someone that works at my place always makes a mountain out of a mole hill was chatting "what will happen, how will I buy/sell..." and similar BS. The guy if I can call him that is of a very nervous disposition. I told him not to worry he nearly bite my head off and I told him to calm down. Today, I sent him a LOL, who is the fool text.

amazon will pass on the costs to their customers, I guess.

At least the government got it right to ban a 50p charge using a card at the corner shop. Now they just say minimum spend. I do get the 'family run' argument, but then the woman in a dressing gown with £1 left needing milk for the kids breakfast. Swings and roundabouts, but I think the right thing was done.

Years ago Marks and Spencer wouldn’t take credit card payments at their shops.

It's perfectly understandable to have a moan about a company that you have used in the past, or to even continue using them in the present or future.

Why do so many user on here jump to unrelated assumptions based on someone's comment. It's bizarre.

Like I say, "I disagree with Brexit."
So someone responds with, "Ahaa, so you must be a tree-hugging leftie." or some such nonsense.

lol in steps the voice of rationale and reason :LOL: fck sake...

Oh pot calling kettle black will you save me sir?

Every card transaction is logged.

How will crypto free us?

Well there's already a huge surge and shift in power here, we've already seen it amongst many of the big banks realising the flow of cash away from conventional banking and into crypto, hence we are seeing many banks call out transfers to crypto trade platforms as fraud and are blocking them.
For the moment coins alt coins and sh't coins are doing well for the smart investor looking forward but this is a drop in the ocean compared to what's going to happen, this is like the internet all over again. Coins like Monero will become huge in demand due to their privacy policies enabling people to actually transact without being watched. It will free some of us.

Sponsored Links
Back