Amended forum rules

moderator said:
Thanks for you point of view / opinion.

Does any one else want the job of moderator?
No, but I'll happily join petewood's club of people who think that it is OK to criticise someone without necessarily wanting their job.

Sponsored Links
petewood said:
moderator said:
Does any one else want the job of moderator?

Have you had enough of it? Do you get paid?

It takes up a lot of time to be a moderator on any popular forum, I am finding that I have less time to give, and as for pay, like your self i give my time freely, NO ONE gets paid to post / moderate these froums.
It is also not as easy as some people think.

To be honest i dont understand why some attack the mods or admin, afterall if you dont like it you can always leave and go elsewhere.

:LOL: :LOL:

Freddie said:
To be honest i dont understand why some attack the mods or admin, afterall if you dont like it you can always leave and go elsewhere.

By the way i have been banned from 3 forums this year and all of them for ending up argueing with the mods but not knocking them for their moderating, just telling them what i really thought of them :LOL: :LOL:

lets hope you can make it 4 :LOL: :LOL: ;)

Sponsored Links
I am not attacking the mod and I hope that s/he doesn't feel that I am, I'm sure that s/he's a very nice person but I don't see why I should keep quiet if I think s/he is wrong.

But I would like to know how you can reconcile this:

To be honest i dont understand why some attack the mods or admin

with this:

By the way i have been banned from 3 forums this year and all of them for ending up argueing with the mods but not knocking them for their moderating, just telling them what i really thought of them

petewood said:
I am not attacking the mod and I hope that s/he doesn't feel that I am, I'm sure that s/he's a very nice person but I don't see why I should keep quiet if I think s/he is wrong.

with this:

By the way i have been banned from 3 forums this year and all of them for ending up argueing with the mods but not knocking them for their moderating, just telling them what i really thought of them

It meant Petewood---I never argued with them for doing their job of moderating, if i get moderated it is fair game cause i know what i should and shouldnt post because that is the rules end of story and we all know the game really.

Freddie said:
petewood said:

with this:

It meant Petewood---I never argued with them for doing their job of moderating, if i get moderated it is fair game cause i know what i should and shouldnt post because that is the rules end of story and we all know the game really.

But where i got banned, their were rows which were pesonal between me and them and not to do with the way they did their job

was it PVA? or cameras? ;)

Freddie said:
Actually one of them was cameras, the man was talking excrament and he was a whores backside and i reminded him of that fact, he then took offence for some reason and banned me

Amazing

moderator said:
It takes up a lot of time to be a moderator on any popular forum, I am finding that I have less time to give, and as for pay, like your self i give my time freely, NO ONE gets paid to post / moderate these froums.
It is also not as easy as some people think.
lets have 4/5 mods then, each "patrols" 2 different subjects! Does admin know you are lacking job satisfaction? ;) perhaps you could get a payrise ;) (from £0 to £££££)

Well I reckon that if the mods have had nothing to do for a while then they log on under a different name and start getting abusive and if that doesn't start a fight they have to be content with telling themselves off and deleting their own posts.

Sponsored Links
Back