Americans and their fixation with easy access to guns?

Sponsored Links
The media are calling out for "something to be done"

So how about having Armed Police Officers on all School Campuses to deter the next Mass Shooter from killing innocent people.

Most, if not all atacks take place where firearms are not allowed under the Law.

Criminals ignore the Law.

Tim

The NRA spent $50m on supporting the last US election.

$11m to Trump
$19m to Hiliary Clinton.

Americans: they need to do the math
I think notch needs a maths refresher. $19m to Hillary Clinton? Lol. Or perhaps you deliberately missed typing the word 'oppose'.
Let me correct the fact for you....
$11m supporting Trump.
$19m opposing Hillary Clinton.

Silly old notch.

Sponsored Links
Really? I thought it was mostly young Americans.

It seems it is young Americans getting very angry about the lack of gun control and the lack of action by the FBI and other authorities to remove guns from people known to be dangerously unstable.

Putting armed officers into schools would not prevent another massacre, it could result in a gun fight in the school after the massacre has begun with more students and teachers being killed or injured in the crossfire. To have open combat with an armed police officer on front of an audience of peers may incite more school attacks.

More guns? Do you think we need armed officers (with automatic weapons) at our schools in the UK? If not - why not?

Opologies, I should have qualified my comment by saying that my thoughts are to do with the USA.

Tim

Opologies, I should have qualified my comment by saying that my thoughts are to do with the USA.

Tim
The question still stands. Do you think we need armed officers (with automatic weapons) in the UK? If not why not?

The question still stands. Do you think we need armed officers (with automatic weapons) in the UK? If not why not?

Armed officers are placed in parts of the UK to defend the Government and the Public.

If the Government that the British people voted in, are minded that to protect children/students by the presence of armed Police I would not out on the streets protesting against their decision.

Tim

I think notch needs a maths refresher. $19m to Hillary Clinton? Lol. Or perhaps you deliberately missed typing the word 'oppose'.
Let me correct the fact for you....
$11m supporting Trump.
$19m opposing Hillary Clinton.

Silly old notch.

Oops! I thought it seemed odd when writing it :)

Thanks for correcting (y)

Tim was quick to voice his opinion regarding armed offices at American schools though. Funny that. (y)

My suggestion re Armed police Officers protecting American Schools is because that is were people are at risk and would surely benefit from a plausible deterant.

I don't live in the USA and have not been there so would not wish to be seen to be telling American people what they should be doing in their country.

However if asked what action America could take to offer protection for their children/students I would give serious consideration to using an their police.

My reasoning is that the are already trained in the use of firearms, are already employed by the State/States and could be probably be deployed to be on campus.

Protection could be provided in a far shorter time than the time that which the "something must be done crowd" can offer.

Its hard detaching oneself from the horror of what has happened at that School.

Tim

Sponsored Links
Back