Americans and their fixation with easy access to guns?

My suggestion re Armed police Officers protecting American Schools is because that is were people are at risk and would surely benefit from a plausible deterant.

I don't live in the USA and have not been there so would not wish to be seen to be telling American people what they should be doing in their country.

However if asked what action America could take to offer protection for their children/students I would give serious consideration to using an their police.

My reasoning is that the are already trained in the use of firearms, are already employed by the State/States and could be probably be deployed to be on campus.

Protection could be provided in a far shorter time than the time that which the "something must be done crowd" can offer.

Its hard detaching oneself from the horror of what has happened at that School.

Tim
Yes, I've heard Kevlar vests, cammo gear and military helmets are a boon when someone starts a random shoot. I'm sure they could pretty them up for some of the female students. Perhaps if they could have a few hollowed out tanks in the front yard - you know, somewhere for the panicked kids to flee into.(y)

Sponsored Links
and would surely benefit from a plausible deterant.
For the deranged people who go into a school to kill that "plausible deterant" could be a challange that adds to the experience

telling American people what they should be doing in their country.
they tell people os opther countries what to do, ( and often get it wrong )

My reasoning is that the are already trained in the use of firearms,
their training is very different to the way UK police are trained. Police in the USA are trained to consider approaching a car stopped for speeding with guns drawn on case someone in the car is armed with a gun.

Protection could be provided in a far shorter time than the time
even when on site the response time is unlikley to prevent the first wave of shooting before guardian gets to the assassin. Then there could be a fire fight with more students being caught in the cross fire

Its been said now that social media is fuelling people who are partly deranged and sending them over the edge.
And picking up a gun to kill people to stifle their pent up rage.

Sponsored Links
Its been said now that social media is fuelling people who are partly deranged and sending them over the edge.
And picking up a gun to kill people to stifle their pent up rage.
Didn't you once threaten a poster on here and get banned for it? You were probably posting under the username Norcon back then.

From what I have read about school/college mass murderers is that they are not likely to choose a venue which has a measure of self protection.

Most people would surley agree that the provision of armed police will offer some protection.

I am basing my aurgement on the basis that some protection is better than no protection, and I feel that armed police officers, who could receive further training would be a sensible use of existing personal.

The implimentation of my suggestion could be useful stop gap measure whilst other long term solutions of found.

Tim

is it your opinion that the American mass murderers are dissuaded from committing mass murder by the prospect of imprisonment, execution, or being shot dead?

Most people would surley agree that the provision of armed police will offer some protection

All schools in America should probably have armed protection.
Given the amount of guns freely available in their society.

is it your opinion that the American mass murderers are dissuaded from committing mass murder by the prospect of imprisonment, execution, or being shot dead?

Your obviously here for an argument.
Why didn't you join piers morgan a few years ago and get guns in America banned.
The gun lobby would have been cacking itself. lol.

you are obviously here for an argument.

Given that less that 5% of the US population own most of the guns, do you know a good reason why people who are mentally ill, or criminals, or use false names, should be permitted to purchase automatic weapons and unlimited amounts of ammunition?

you are obviously here for an argument.

Given that less that 5% of the US population own most of the guns, do you know a good reason why people who are mentally ill, or criminals, or use false names, should be permitted to purchase automatic weapons and unlimited amounts of ammunition?

How much do you pay the labour party per year?

Sponsored Links
Back