An interesting read about how the Tories manipulate the media

Sponsored Links
The Tories have little influence on foreign news media (except the Murdoch dynasty, which has influence on the Tories)

An interesting article in the Washington Post said:

"Parliament rebelled again. Johnson wanted them to vote on just a one paragraph motion saying they would accept his plan. Instead, they demanded to see the full legislation of what it entailed.

And this was the nightmare scenario for Johnson: Not only would it delay matters, it would also force him to reveal the details of his plans.

Johnson is not really a details man...

...But even if he had greater mastery over the details, there was a larger problem: Brexit functions only when it has no contact with reality. The referendum campaign was won by telling well-off golf club voters in southern England that they had the same enemy as the left-behind voters in the postindustrial towns of the north. At the level of rhetoric and blame-the-foreigner sloganeering, it works. But when you try to formulate it as a coherent policy proposal, the whole thing falls apart.

The same applies to Parliament. The coalition Johnson needs to stitch together involves hard right-wing Brexiters, moderate Conservatives — most of them now purged from the party for voting against Johnson — and left-wing Labour MPs with Leave constituencies. They all want to get Brexit done. But once you get down into the reality of what it entails, the alliance disintegrates."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outl...ring-that-brexit-only-works-when-its-fantasy/

Poor Boris.

Sponsored Links
Ghost Patients- you make it sound sinister and Drs lying when the trust is that patients move on and many do not inform their GPs, the department that helped surgeries keep their records in order had a budget cut about 40% and one guess who won the contract to do the job..... Your friends Capita.

The problem with the NHS currently is the idiotic reforms in 2012 making the NHS more like a market and business creating perverse incentives.

So tell me who do you trust?
I didn't make it sound anything - it's a BBC article, not mine!

And I do of course blame cutbacks, but my personal experience with the NHS, as much as it should be treasured, are appalling. And before you say anything, this is nearly 30 years ago.

GP surgeries are private businesses. The less they send people for tests, the more money they save. That's the point I was making. It's not always the patients interests put first.

Leave and Remain voters say violence against MPs and serious injuries to public ‘price worth paying’ to get favoured Brexit outcome

Thats what you get when people like Johnson create division and unite people against a common enemy.

Leave and Remain voters say violence against MPs and serious injuries to public ‘price worth paying’ to get favoured Brexit outcome

Thats what you get when people like Johnson create division and unite people against a common enemy.

I read that earlier - it's utterly depressing and its a reflection of the curren hijack of the Tory party by chancers, liars and opportunists. But also it reflects how people feel no connection with the current political climate. It's long due time for electoral reform and smash the stranglehold the two main parties hold.

The irony of our system is that its winner takes all, so they can enact policies that they had no mandate for because they have a majority. That's not democratic. We need a more pluralist system because the current two party system has become too divisive and partisan.

No.what you end up with is tiresome remoaners twisting words into the thing they despise most.LIES

Yep we should have more MPs who do not have degrees

Most of em with a degree seem to be B*** ends IMHO :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back