And so it begins..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
bloke seen trying to break into a house, police called.. it's the guy who owns the house and has lost his keys.
when asked for ID the guy claimed they were being racist because he was black...

did I mention he is a harvard professor and that barack Obama played the race card when commenting on it?

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0709/25310.html

Sponsored Links
Harvard Prof. looses his keys ...wouldn`t happen to an Oxford Don :rolleyes:

Well, breaking in is not rocket science is it. The brainier they are, the less common sense they have :rolleyes:

Did they find the ounce of crack in his pocket too?

The article refers to "disproportionate". Don't suppose it occurs to those who bander the word around so willy-nilly that if Africa-Americans and Latinos (in this case, but I'm sure we could apply it elsewhere) committed a number of crimes in proportion to those committed by other ethnic groups, then they may well find that the proportion "stopped" and questioned would change also.

In simple terms, if, for example, 75% of crimes were committed by members of group A, then it is highly likely that a higher proportion of group A will be stopped and questioned.

Sponsored Links
he wasn't stopped and searched though..
he was seen breaking in by a passer by who called the police, when they arrived he was inside and was "caught in the act" as they saw it.. he claimed to live there but got narky when they asked for some ID as proof.. claiming that they were being racist..

Is it just me?

If I had to break into Secure Towers and was caught by the police, I would be the first one to dig into my pocket and offer as many forms of ID as possible to prove I lived there. Otherwise, how do they know I have a right to be there??

They're only doing their job, protecting lives and property.

Harvard Professor = Big brain and f*** all common sense.

I'm with SS here ... Prove who I am, make the nice police officers a cup of tea for their trouble and send them on their way with a small donation to the policeman's ball ... Which, with a bit of luck, will turn out to be a raffle rather than a dance :LOL:

Mr Harvard to55pot probably got high and mighty with the dibble and then played the race card to save embarrassment.

They should prosecute him for being in possession of an offensive face IMO.

MW

C'mon, it would be pretty easy

"Officer, excuse me sir, what are you doing?"

"I've locked myself out of the house and I'm getting back in"

"Officer Have you any ID yo prove this is your house?"

"No, all my stuff is in the house, please feel free to wait there until I gain entry, then I can give you the ID you're after"

"Officer OK, Sir, do you mind if I accompany you into the house"

"No, that's fine"

How difficult, do you want to make it?

"Officer, excuse me sir, what are you doing?"

"F@k off, this is my house and I'm trying to get in"

"Officer Have you got any ID to prove this is your house?"

"Look go away, stop hassling me, this is my house alright"

"Officer, then unfortunately I have to arrest you on suspicion of breaking and entering"

I know which route I'd choose, if only for the sake of not having hours of my time wasted down the station.

As Woody said, he may have been a professor, but clearly has no common sense.

Oh he's got commonsense all right: the sense to play the bloody race card in trying to extract some pecuniary advantage for himself. :rolleyes:

nice scenario eddie, but they can't actually arrest you until you gain entry, or cause criminal damage.. so if you bumplock the door but don't go in you can do it in full view of the plod..

bloke at the end of our street found this out the hard way..

saw some guy trying to break into the house opposite, went and grabbed hold of him and detained him while his mrs called the police.
they turned up and cautioned the guy from our street for wrongfully detaining the crim...
as he hadn't caused any visible damage ( he was shoulder barging the door but it didn't give ), and he hadn't actually gained entry to the property they couldn't do anything..
the crim made some smart comment as he was let go and the guy from our street told him "If I see you round here again I'm going to break your f'in legs and fingers".. at which point the cops arrested HIM for threatening behaviour.. ( gave him a talking to and then un-arrested him )

nice scenario eddie, but they can't actually arrest you until you gain entry, or cause criminal damage.. so if you bumplock the door but don't go in you can do it in full view of the plod..

bloke at the end of our street found this out the hard way..

saw some guy trying to break into the house opposite, went and grabbed hold of him and detained him while his mrs called the police.
they turned up and cautioned the guy from our street for wrongfully detaining the crim...
as he hadn't caused any visible damage ( he was shoulder barging the door but it didn't give ), and he hadn't actually gained entry to the property they couldn't do anything..
the crim made some smart comment as he was let go and the guy from our street told him "If I see you round here again I'm going to break your f'in legs and fingers".. at which point the cops arrested HIM for threatening behaviour.. ( gave him a talking to and then un-arrested him )

If you commit an arrestible offence:
You can be arrested for going equipped.
You can also be arrested for attempt. Failure is not a factor.

Sponsored Links
Back