And There It Was........Gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
I've just had them. Trés relaxing but I'm back at it (at mine) tomorrow. Smashing all the kitchen floor tiles up as well as all the wall tiles off the wall.

Joy.

What could be simpler than chipping a few tiles off a wall? I remember on one occasion watching a piece of tile drop past my hand severing what may have been a major artery en- route. On another occasion when I was younger and less wise, there were a similar occurrence except that rather than being one of my arteries, it were a 15mm copper pipe, mains pressure cold, oops.

Watching Euro news tonight.. they interviewed the boss at the port of Calais.

Do you expect any delays "
"Pas du tout. nous avons dépensé 13 millions d'euros pour que tout se passe bien". He said in French..

Sponsored Links
Watching Euro news tonight.. they interviewed the boss at the port of Calais.

Do you expect any delays "
"Pas du tout. nous avons dépensé 13 millions d'euros pour que tout se passe bien". He said in French..
Good to hear they think they have invested enough in Calais.

What did the report from Dover say?

And I don’t think anyone has answered the question as to what anyone has personally lost.
the right to live, work, retire in 28 coutnries

the ability to have a second home in 28 countries and stay as long as you like (now restricted to 90 days)
the ability to travel to Europe with a pet very easily on a passport scheme.

the ability to import and export goods, with no paperwork as easily as ordering from anywhere in the UK -I suggest you watch the news and to see loads of small businesses coming out and saying how much damage its doing.

Your turn: what freedom has anybody gained?

I think the roaming charges have always been time-limited. Maybe free, or similar charges as though you were in UK, but only for the first month or so. If your phone is not used in UK for about a month, additional charges are levied.

the right to live, work, retire in 28 coutnries
You can still retire wherever you want, just need a visa which is easy enough as you will have means to sustain yourself and a medical insurance.
the ability to have a second home in 28 countries and stay as long as you like (now restricted to 90 days)
Total boll@x, you can have 20/30/50/1000 homes across Europe and go there whenever you want and stay for as long as you want.
Just need a visa.
the ability to travel to Europe with a pet very easily on a passport scheme.
Pet passport...
For whoever cares, rules don't change.
Still need to have jabs up to date and microchip.
Same as when you go out of Europe.

In other words, just apply for a visa and a couple of weeks later jet off.
IMO this will soon change and we'll return to paperwork free tourism travel between uk and eu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back