Another 'virus' u-turn...

Sponsored Links
you mean unvaxxed people saving the lives of thousands and thousands for the past two years

Just how do you show that to be true? There are 8.1m people in the 45 to 55 age group and that group covers higher level in hospital. Around 60% of them have had all jabs. Higher levels have had 2 but given the time they were given they are not far off useless. There is still ~20% odd that have had none. Go down to the 30's and things are even lower. Go back to the older group and some will die unless Omicron helps them. More importantly they are far more likely to clog up beds and take longer to die if they do.

I'm no anti-vaxxer. I have direct knowledge of someone who suffered a horrific death after catching Covid, which prompted me to get vaxxed. However, of all the people I know who have caught Covid all but one were vaxxed. Some knew they caught it from other vaxxed people. So I fail to see why it's so important for medical staff to be vaccinated as the vaccine appears to have little effect on transmission.

Last edited:
I'm no anti-vaxxer. I have direct experience of the possible horrific death if you are unlucky to catch Covid, which prompted me to get vaxxed. However, of all the people I know who have caught Covid all but one were vaxxed. Some knew they caught it from other vaxxed people. So I fail to see why it's so important for medical staff to be vaccinated as the vaccine appears to have little effect on transmission.
The effect on transmission is brought about by fewer people catching it, fewer asymptomatic people walking around with it, those vaccinated being symptomatic for shorter, etc.

Sponsored Links
to be vaccinated as the vaccine appears to have little effect on transmission.

That is a mute point really but it's reckoned to have some impact on spread. I am not keen on one way of looking at it that has been used - surveys that are done on a household basis. They are not picked on the basis of covid being there. It crops up in some and they then compare spread in that household. There is a large difference but no info on what the people concerned did to prevent spread.

There is another aspect though. ;) I'll use jabs to illustrate it. My son is in his early 30's. Immune system probably fine. 2 Pf jabs and didn't notice any effect. Then came his booster. The day after he thought he had covid. Why - his immune system kicked in almost immediately with gusto.

Now read that across to some one who is jabbed to a sufficient level who catches the real thing. There immune system will start tackling it a lot sooner than people who haven't had jabs. They wont stop people from catching it. It should reduce the period over which they can infect others. That in turn at a population level will reduce spread.

There are a lot of people in the NHS and all work in rather localised areas and come into contact with each other. Actually given precautions they are probably more likely to catch it away from work.

Last edited:
I think they should stick to their guns and go ahead with what they said they were going to do just like you did when you said you were leaving the UK and closing your account on here. Oh no, wait a minute...........
You need to watch Frozen with your grandkids.

There are a lot of people in the NHS and all work in rather localised areas and come into contact with each other. Actually given precautions they are probably more likely to catch is away from work.

The NHS is also full of medically trained professionals able to spot the nonsense propaganda & interpret the misleading statistics.

The NHS is also full of medically trained professionals able to spot the nonsense propaganda & interpret the misleading statistics.

So medically trained professionals spot the nonsense provide by medically trained professionals. Can you not see the stupidity of that?

So medically trained professionals spot the nonsense provide by medically trained professionals. Can you not see the stupidity of that?

So why DO YOU think they're vaccine hesitant then?

The news has been slanted to suggest that there will be a reversal. To be decided today. Rather than sticking to front line numbers are being quoted for all who work for the NHS.

They have been having high levels of resignations anyway.

There are conspiracy theorists in all walks of like unfortunately. The NHS is no different.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...onspiracy-theories-vaccines-will-kill-struck/

Don't be fooled into thinking that the numbers they are giving you are anywhere near the reality. The biggest fear they have with regards to the NHS is the grade of staff they will be losing. It's OK to lose 10% of your porters & bedsheet changers, it's NOT OK to lose 90% of your consultants.

There's 10's of 1000's of NHS staff who have been biting their tongues so far. Push them into a corner where they have nothing to lose & you see them fightback.

Sponsored Links
Back