Antsy attitudes

I'm a neutral in all opinions on forums as I tend to jump in and out now and then. But I have to say that, (while I'm not offering to be the spokesman of a BAS fan club) I do find BAS's post to be informative on many occasions.
I always pay attention to regular posters such as RF, Coljack, Taylortwo.. etc as I find their posts offer me an interpretation to the changes in the industry.
Now as I sit here in a college waiting for my students, I do consider myself as a competent electrician. I have years of experience, a wall of cetificates and degrees and some annoying letters to display after my name if I so wish.
Although BAS does often post in a manner that either opposes the initial topic, or offers a rediculously expensive alternative, it shouldn't go without saying that maybe in the coming years these will become a regular consideration.
In the time I have been on this forum I have seen fewer users who have managed to provide information such URLS/links that remains on topic and resourceful.
This parade of users backing him into a corner is distasteful and unacceptable, and it's getting very boring.

Have more to say, but the guys are turning up.

Banal, may I ask your ethnicity?

Surely thats what PM's are for?

Sponsored Links
Why are you now accusing me of 'not getting it' ?
Because you seem to be behaving as it you don't see that there is a group of people here who level false accusations at me, who criticise what I write but can never show why their criticisms have any rational basis, who introduce off-topic disagreements and who adopt positions of complete illogicality and inconsistency just so that they can oppose my position and then try to make out that I should be banned because all the disputes that arise from their false allegations, their unjustifiable criticisms, their off-topic disagreements and their perverse contrariness are my fault.

Indeed we are, but IMO you would do well to reflect on who took us here.

My original contributions in this thread were a reasoned reply to zacha4, who then agreed with me, and then an explanation of the plumber thing, which was later fully endorsed by widdler.

But then what?

Was it I who responded to a reasonable and civil question from Johnmelad with a dismissive laugh, or was it he that did that to me?

Did I start an attack on LoveRocket over posts in other topics, or did he do that to me?

Did I start calling him by an insulting name, or did he do that to me?

Did I call holmslaw a liar and a fraudster despite having zero evidence to back that up, or did he do that to me?

Why are you now accusing me of 'not getting it' ?
Because you seem to be behaving as it you don't see that there is a group of people here who level false accusations at me, who criticise what I write but can never show why their criticisms have any rational basis, who introduce off-topic disagreements and who adopt positions of complete illogicality and inconsistency just so that they can oppose my position and then try to make out that I should be banned because all the disputes that arise from their false allegations, their unjustifiable criticisms, their off-topic disagreements and their perverse contrariness are my fault.

well, im sorry that you see it that way as thats not the case. What i see is some one who seems determined to try to show himself as the victim, irrespective of how much harm he is doing to his own character.

Just for your information, i can read adequately and have had no problem comprehending everything that has been said here. I don't vouch for the accuracy of particular issues mentioned as i haven't read all the posts surrounding said accusations. (i don't know about the insurance fraud you are accused of commiting, can you link to it and if i get time, ill read it and form a view)

If you go back to the beginning of this thread and read my input, you will be able to get a feeling of my viewpoint. I don't intend to repeat it and i don't have the time to indulge you with discussing random scenarios which will bare no fruit.

I'm not against you, but seriously, do yourself a favour and just chill. You are doing nothing to improve any respect you may have from others reading this.

Sponsored Links
You provided the evidence, as confirmed by 2 other posters,
No - I wrote something which was misinterpreted by one person, and I then wrote a clarification which you and others are choosing to ignore, even though you have no evidence that it was not true.

Would you care to explain why you are prepared to believe someone else's interpretation of what I wrote, but not prepared to believe my explanation of it even though you cannot produce any evidence that I was lying?

you are a liar and a cheat - live with it.
What is your real motive for continuing to make that accusation when you know you have no proof of it? (Note - relying on a mistake made by someone else doesn't actually count as proof).

I'm sure nobody really cares
If you don't care would you please explain why you keep repeating the accusation in topic after topic?

And it you think that nobody really cares would you please explain why you thought it was right, and in the best interests of the forum, to make that accusation against me when I asked a question about dimmer switch modules?

You must have a reason for doing those things - are you ashamed or afraid to say what it is?

Because you keep denying the proven and admitted accusation.
No, I keep pointing out that it is neither proven nor admitted.

But with no evidence to the contrary you keep choosing to disbelieve me.

You are accusing me of criminal behaviour despite having no evidence, and please don't repeat the ridiculous assertion that somebody making a mistake over what I said is evidence.

Disputes over dimmer switch modules have lead to the breakdown in international relationships and conseqent wars - have you any idea where this could lead?
Don't be daft - please answer the question.

If you think that nobody really cares would you please explain why you thought it was right, and in the best interests of the forum, to make that accusation against me when I asked a question about dimmer switch modules?

BAS, what do the bold italics mean in your rambling bull****. Is it some kind of grammar you have invented, I only ask to avoid any misunderstandings.
Just an emphasis on the word "have", such as might commonly be used when speaking.

But if it confuses you I'll repeat the question without any emphasis so as to avoid any misunderstandings.

You must have a reason for doing those things - are you ashamed or afraid to say what it is?

I read the forums regularly - Mainly the Electrics UK, and I have to say that I enjoy reading BAS's posts. If there are people who seem to dislike him and his posts so much, why don't they just put him on ignore?

Well Banal, I'm making the assumption that you are white, as this allows me to use the following quote from Robin Williams in Good Morning Vietnam:

You know, you're in more dire need of a blowjob than any white man in history.

I had a dream that the whole forum met at an electrical exhibition in Birmingham NEC. It was very vivid and everyone wore their Forumname. BAS turned out to be Tommy Saxondale.

Sorry I am going to bed now, finished the wine

It's merely a keystroke saving abbreviation of your user name, just like Jon = Jonathon or Marc = Marcus, Banal = banallsheds.

It's merely a keystroke saving abbreviation of your user name, just like Jon = Jonathon or Marc = Marcus, Banal = banallsheds.

I thought it was an elaborate way of typing 'an*l'.

For the record, it's not acceptable on a forum such as this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back