Antsy attitudes

Sponsored Links
It's merely a keystroke saving abbreviation of your user name, just like Jon = Jonathon or Marc = Marcus, Banal = banallsheds.
And you think that's an explanation which should be believed, given that it's 66% more keystrokes than the usual "bas" or "ban" which you will have seen lots of other people use, and given that here:
Banal, Banal, Banal;
you were so keen on saving keystrokes that you used 7 more than it would have taken to type my user name in full?

this thread seems to have turned into a fox hunt against BAS, and although i disagree with his hate of spotlights, (i myself find them asthetically pleasing and infact have installed many of them in the past and found that in the right property they can provide more than adaquate light (i am not saying that they are energy efficient, but neither is my 20mpg van)) you cannot deny that he has a very good understanding of electrical installation practices, wiring and building regualations. He provides detailed links to all relevant information on the subject and i suspect it takes him quite a bit of time to do this.

People should not be fighting, we should be debating, on relevant topics, and all expanding our knowledge and skills whilst helping the DIYers doing jobs within their scope and abailities.

In the time I have been on this forum I have seen fewer users who have managed to provide information such URLS/links that remains on topic and resourceful.
This parade of users backing him into a corner is distasteful and unacceptable, and it's getting very boring.

100% agreement from me.

Bickering and making hurtful comments is so unnecessary. Life is just too short for this rubbish.

I didn't start this thread as a platform for a minority to use as place to vent anger against an individual.

Could we not all accept that sometimes people can be marmite (some love, some loath), agree to disagree and just move forward and on ?

I would also add that BAS offers value, thought, wisdom and a heap of knowledge to this forum. The forum is made up of a core of long term, respected (in my eyes) contributors and BAS is one of them.
Should BAS decide to move on I feel the place would be worse off for him doing so.

Sponsored Links
Thought you said you were neutral.

You can judge a man by the company he keeps.

Hey BAS — Do I too metaphorically have to kiss your Rs to get a free thankyou? :LOL:

This is a forum.

As long as it is not insulting ie calling people mealy mouthed, pillocks or tw@ then he has a right to express an opinion.

Really. Hasn't he.

Some of it is also comedy gold :LOL:

And all those who gave support to our pedant should read this thread

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=218699

Because you lot encourage this behaviour by saying its OK.
Ah, chapeau - another utterly groundless complaint from you.

In what way is it not OK?

Please show how it contravened any forum rules.

Then when you have failed to do that, I'd be interested to know if you think that you now seem more intelligent, rational and mature than you did before, or less so.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back