Any boiler experts out there?....Help!

bg usually sell the magnaclean on burst heat exchangers as protection against another corroded heat ex.Agreed it prob had nothing to do with the pilot.Is the flue short against the pitch of the roof can u take a photo?
Do all your rads have trv`s? you could argue you have a bypass rad if not

Sponsored Links
Message for Gaspro1981.....do you happen to know anyone in the Plymouth area that could do this work in the near future?

I am happy to give up on BG but I don't want to give up on this boiler as most of the parts have been replaced in recent months (heat exchanger, 2 pumps, themostat, etc.).

Cheers

Hoofer

A sooted up heat exchanger will cause pilot outage on this model of highflow. Sooting up is usually down to lack of ventilation,poor flueing and occationally incorrect burner pressure. All of which are easily repaired by a competent RGI. Often these boilers were fitted with no clearance between the draught diverter and the wall causing some problems with not enough secondary air being drawn into the flue. In conjunction with a short flue and/or poor ventilation, this can badly affect flue pull. Mind you, as a former BG man,according to some of the guys on here, I'm an incompetent monkey probably responsible for several deaths... :eek:

You are probably one of the older BG people who knew a lot about what you were doing.

The problem is with the young inexperienced guys they brought in to replace you!

Its not only their lack of technical knowledge but they have no concept of customer care or helping anyone.

Tony

Sponsored Links
i apologize if i have offended you i meant that there is a small minority of the bg work force that dont quite grasp the bigger picture :(
i have been to quite a few boilers that bg could not fix and they have then gone about the "you need a new boiler" avenue which is generally not the case because i and other egineers have always managed to fix them.
whereas a little more thought and experience on the jobs would maintain happier relationships with there customers ;)

op if you need any names or contacts numbers then feel free to ask

Sophie called me tonight about a boiler that BG had been out to FIVE times are replaced five parts and still it does not work at all and now they have given up !!!

Agile.....that's what just happened to me as well.

Does anyone know anyone in the Plymouth area that could fix my boiler?

Cheers

Hoofer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back