Any Excel and OneDrive experts out there?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In my camera club we have several members who need access to member details, such as email addresses. My instinct is to have one list, maintained by one person, to which others get access.

A OneDrive cloud account, to which they all have access, seemed to be the sort of thing we'd need. In my head, our separate spreadsheets, for example, could all reference the one containing the member details, so would always refer to the maintained list. Data protection laws on the horizon place much more emphasis on data being correct at all times, so multiple copies of a list of names and addresses seems liable to cause issues on that front, hence my desire to have just one such list.

Is what I envision actually possible? I have seen some 3 year old articles that say you cant do this with onedrive, but maybe that's changed now?

Any other ideas?

Sponsored Links
I presume most of your members will have gmail accounts. In which case you can use google spreadsheet which is maintained (read and write) by one person and other members to view. https://www.google.co.uk/sheets/about/

Make sure you invite people with email ID and don't enable link sharing. If you enable link sharing then anyone with the link can read the data.

I presume most of your members will have gmail accounts. In which case you can use google spreadsheet which is maintained (read and write) by one person and other members to view. https://www.google.co.uk/sheets/about/

Make sure you invite people with email ID and don't enable link sharing. If you enable link sharing then anyone with the link can read the data.

Some people, believe it or not, don't like Google accounts while being quite happy with MS...go figure.

Sponsored Links
Dropbox account
You can set one up on your computer, you can store what you want to share in a public folder
You can then share the link with everyone
They will then have access to the said list

Dropbox is really easy to set up and share docs.

If you have all the details in spreadsheet, then you could either upload to a free google sites account and give access or if you want something more sophisticated a free apex account from Oracle. apex.oracle.com If you are happy to spend some time then you can even turn the web sheet in to a simple contact management tool to save anyone maintaining the details.

Back