Any Gas Boiler that can use FLEXIBLE Flue?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for a new gas boiler but it MUST be able to adapt to a conventional chimney. My only fluing option is using a brick chimney 12-13m in length to top.
I know it's limited.

Sponsored Links
Do you mean a condensing boiler that will discharge flue products up a liner dropped through a conventional brick chimney?

What output?

The Vokera evolve 18 - 35KW can do that as a room sealed or open-flued appliance. Actually nearly all the Vokera range can but I'd go for the evolve.

I work for Vokera.

Have you considered how you are going to deal with the condensate ?

Do you mean a condensing boiler that will discharge flue products up a liner dropped through a conventional brick chimney?

What output?

The Vokera evolve 18 - 35KW can do that as a room sealed or open-flued appliance. Actually nearly all the Vokera range can but I'd go for the evolve.

I work for Vokera.
Output would be about 25kw max
Its just wall mounted yes, no floor standing?
Could not find any reference to a flexible flue, can you guide me?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Output would be about 25kw max
Its just wall mounted yes, no floor standing?
Could not find any reference to a flexible flue, can you guide me?

Under floor space to outside

Info at work, can find it tomorrow but I leave early to travel, you can also ring technical 0141 465 4545.

Condensate and pressure relief as they are sealed system boilers

Intergas do a chimney kit, max length is 10m though. I think Viessmann also make one

Worcester FS CDi can have a flexible flue liner...sit down to check the price though.

Here is a picture of the flexible liner we use. This is shown as a room sealed kit but the evolve I know has an Open Flue configuration (B23), whether there's a kit for room sealed I'm not sure.

Best to contact [email protected] for confirmation. A full description of the job and pictures too if you have any would be helpful. I'm on the road this week so of limited help.

For reasons I don't understand the pic ships sideways, sorry about that.

flue liner 01.jpg

What output?

I work for Vokera.
i rang Vokera as I need a gas boiler mounted on an inside wall with a ~5m flue. Vokera sales said Evolve is obsolete since 2021 and they do not sell domestic flexible 1-piece flues, She said the only domestic option is a rigid 2 meter section, and must be joined, with inspection hatch in the boxing, with a C02 alarm at the joint. Appreciate things move fast in this industry, but cold I ask your opinion is this information correct? seems like progress going backwards, hence me asking. Also this is Rep of Ireland Vokera sales based in Kilkenny who answered this call. Thanks in advance

i rang Vokera as I need a gas boiler mounted on an inside wall with a ~5m flue. Vokera sales said Evolve is obsolete since 2021 and they do not sell domestic flexible 1-piece flues, She said the only domestic option is a rigid 2 meter section, and must be joined, with inspection hatch in the boxing, with a C02 alarm at the joint. Appreciate things move fast in this industry, but cold I ask your opinion is this information correct? seems like progress going backwards, hence me asking. Also this is Rep of Ireland Vokera sales based in Kilkenny who answered this call. Thanks in advance

My post, which I have forgotten about, was dated 2019, 4 years ago!

Yes, I heard last year the flexible flue had been discontinued, not through a problem, simply there was so little demand.

As I work for Vokera it pains me to say there are other manufacturers that may be able to assist, try Viessmann, I'm sure they may have something in the portfolio and as they're in the process of being subsumed into our group it's not a recommendation to a competitor.

My post, which I have forgotten about, was dated 2019, 4 years ago!

Yes, I heard last year the flexible flue had been discontinued, not through a problem, simply there was so little demand.

As I work for Vokera it pains me to say there are other manufacturers that may be able to assist, try Viessmann, I'm sure they may have something in the portfolio and as they're in the process of being subsumed into our group it's not a recommendation to a competitor.
Many thanks @vulcancontinental for that. I will try Viessmann. Regarding the old posts, I did not realise 4 years was such a long time in the boiler game (although i'm fast realising it is!). I would have assumed whatever was available 4 years ago is still available, except better. However the elimination of options seems to be retrograde step so am finding it difficult to get my head around it. For example, most plumbers in Dublin are now saying they will only fit boilers to an outside wall so they dont have to run flues inside the house. makes replacing older boilers hugely inconvenient so hence am looking for the 1-piece flexible option (as it's the interior joints (not the flue itself) that seem to cause the regulatory concern)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back