Any landlords here ?

I let a house in Sheffield (two hours away from where I live) the letting agent is excellent, always sorts things out and always gets incredibly low priced quotes for repairs, however I am now selling because of a recent, rather shocking event. The agent spent from early this year trying to get hold of the tenant (who was still paying his rent by direct debit) as the property required an EICR. Things got more and more escalated until the agent was going to gain entry even having had no response. Unfortunately the tenant was found deceased and had been so for some months. It is believed that he took his own life but there was a period of several weeks whereby such things as gas safety/flues etc were investigated and the Police kept the keys to the property. Incredibly there was minimal damage due to "fluids" but the shock has meant I have decided to sell. The house makes very little money anyway and there was a period when it took a nose dive in value because a huge influx of Eastern Europeans to the area caused fighting with the established Asian community. For me, the worry is not worth the money that the rent brings in.

Sponsored Links
I let a house in Sheffield (two hours away from where I live) the letting agent is excellent, always sorts things out and always gets incredibly low priced quotes for repairs, however I am now selling because of a recent, rather shocking event. The agent spent from early this year trying to get hold of the tenant (who was still paying his rent by direct debit) as the property required an EICR. Things got more and more escalated until the agent was going to gain entry even having had no response. Unfortunately the tenant was found deceased and had been so for some months. It is believed that he took his own life but there was a period of several weeks whereby such things as gas safety/flues etc were investigated and the Police kept the keys to the property. Incredibly there was minimal damage due to "fluids" but the shock has meant I have decided to sell. The house makes very little money anyway and there was a period when it took a nose dive in value because a huge influx of Eastern Europeans to the area caused fighting with the established Asian community. For me, the worry is not worth the money that the rent brings in.

Jeeze Bodgebuild sorry to hear that, must have been an awful experience.

Sponsored Links
Back