Any landlords on here had enough?

Trouble with renting is far too many people got into it thinking it was easy money with no capital at all behind them to carry out repairs
See it a lot with HMO`s they hear of the rent being achieved per room but forget all about how expensive the utility bills can be not to mention damages and people buggering off with rent arrears.
One mate has changed half a dozen of his HMO`s into serviced accommodation for contractors and paid directly by their companies then lets them out as airbnb over the weekend which has a good uptake.
I don’t think I’d get into it now. Probably air bnb if I was to.

Sponsored Links
I don’t think I’d get into it now. Probably air bnb if I was to.
he is making really good money out of it but he is really switched on to it and very organised regards cleaners going in everything immaculate . Its basically his job looking after them and available 24/7

he is making really good money out of it but he is really switched on to it and very organised regards cleaners going in everything immaculate . Its basically his job looking after them and available 24/7
My mates dad has 3 cottages in a little village. He’s rolling in it from air bnb.

Like you saiid though, You’ve got to be switched on.

Youngest is off to university this year. There’s good money in accommodation for that if you’re on the ball.

When I started buying there would he about a dozen in the auction room.
In later years it became a family outing - dog included.
like car auctions also became only thing there was the dealers spotted them and would bid against them knowing the wife would be saying go higher i like that colour

Sponsored Links
like car auctions also became only thing there was the dealers spotted them and would bid against them knowing the wife would be saying go higher i like that colour
20 years ago I loved car auctions. Always a bargain. Now it’s probably better to buy one private.

My mates dad has 3 cottages in a little village. He’s rolling in it from air bnb.

Like you saiid though, You’ve got to be switched on.

Youngest is off to university this year. There’s good money in accommodation for that if you’re on the ball.
funny one , mate had two very attractive Romanian women turn up one friday something rang alarm bells with him turned out they were going to do a pop up brothel over the weekend . Said he should have tested the goods first before refusing them .

20 years ago I loved car auctions. Always a bargain. Now it’s probably better to buy one private.
yep used to be about 30 quid indemnity now its several hundred and more expensive if you want to pay cash . Mind saves hiding all that money down your boll#x ;)

Any profits should be used to provide more housing for rent, with the tenants having the option to buy.
The problem with that is the same as Thatcher's idea: the very housing stock built to provide cheap accommodation gets sold off.

yep used to be about 30 quid indemnity now its several hundred and more expensive if you want to pay cash . Mind saves hiding all that money down your boll#x ;)
I think we paid £35 to buy or sell. Bacon butty and a cup of tea. I absolutely loved it, but liked most things the internet took over.

I really miss those days.

Sponsored Links
Back