Any one used the BRICKY TOOL?

how can so many people think they can just build a wall with this bricky thing

tawelfryn, u are not the only bricky, thank god! and the other thing about the fact that the bed is like a rake joint is the fact that water can sit in the bed and it can impair the strength and damp can travel through easier. they told me that at college:). and in that video they say normal brick layers have to point in the joints but you will have to do that on this ****y template thing any way. i cant see how it saves time. this really has ****ed me off, we spend 3 years learning the ****ing trade and theres hardly any site work out there at the minute as it is and sum crap invention is helping people make a half assed job and this is just loseing us more money. and they dont tell you, you need to put footings in so you will need to pay for ground workers to do that if you wont a proper job, unless you wont to make a half assed job of that as well with sum other crap template:p:p dont buy 1 of these template things , get a proper bricky to do it and get a proper job done.

Sponsored Links
I think every one sold should come with a translation guide; so that the purchaser can understand what real bricklayers are going on about when they eventually come along and slag the job off.

Sponsored Links
I think every one sold should come with a translation guide; so that the purchaser can understand what real bricklayer's are going on about when they eventually come along and slag the job off.
i aint never seen one deluk,is there a photo of 1 anywhere i need cheering up on this cold damp monday? :)

lol dont matter i just seen the begining of the bricky video,soon as he mentioned it saves you racking out and repointing i turnt it off,who in there right mind rakes out and repoints block work as for the perfect 10mm joint your end up with a 3/4 in the middle of a wall or 40mm perp lol pathetic piece of equitment something woody might use building a barbeque : :LOL:

I think every one sold should come with a translation guide; so that the purchaser can understand what real bricklayer's are going on about when they eventually come along and slag the job off.
i aint never seen one deluk,is there a photo of 1 anywhere i need cheering up on this cold damp monday? :)

Well here's page 1.

This is a perp:

panel08.jpg

This is NOT a perp:

2002-09-14-01.jpg

Page 2.

This an English bond.

EnglishBond2.jpg

This is NOT an English Bond.

Youve%20had%20your%20six.jpg

perps
technically speaking they are not! they are cross joints.
perpendicular joints are joints that line up below features such as window openings even if it means using broken bond

they are measured points which must be maintained all the way up the building..

pedantic but true. :oops: i am embarrassed to be so fussy.

i would have thought that bricky thing would be good for someone who would not pay to have a wall built.

i bet something like it would be good on 11inch blocks so you could lay'em with a coal shovel. :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back