Any Opinions on Eurofilters 'Sieve' Central Heating Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
The new Worshitter one looks 5hite and the older one well lets just forget about that.

Have you tried any of the Boilermag stuff of late Dan? Are the still the ones that produce the magnets for Adey but have brought out their own?

Just interested in trying one as have never used them as yet.

Jon

Have tried a boilermag as a replacement for a sh|tty TF1 that leaked (surprise surprise).

That seems to want to leak as well.

We were dedicated to Adey but have had some questions over the resistance through the filter.

Now looking at the MB3's for regular useage. With the RV2 fro the higher end installs.

Thing to remember is, NONE of these filters clear everything first pass.

As an experiment, on my system at home, which is clean as a whistle, I fitted in series, one of these Euro abortions, a Magnaclean and a Magnacleanse.

All of them were collecting a bit of muck.

I then took out the Euro thing and put an MB3. Still the same.

Now on my new Intergas boiler I just has an MB3 and a RV2.

The OP has some major issues with his system that need sorting. A filter is going to do jack sh|t.

The OP has some major issues with his system that need sorting. A filter is going to do jack sh|t.

Thats a given, as said, it's a prevention not a cure.

Boilermag was for my reference only as have not tried one. Plus I won a fee hat on twitter lol. After endless leaks on the majority I went down the MB3 route and have got them dotted about now. Spiro vents for air separation and all have seemed to work well although have lost contact with most of them now after my move up here.

Jon

Sponsored Links
"Really? If you bother to look, you'll see they are pretty much polar opposite."

Jesus man, you have a real f*cking attitude! If you don't enjoy giving out advice, don't do it! The only other explanation I can think of is that you are hanging around this place to feel superior, and that is ****ing sad!

As I said above, I did look, and to me they looked like they both worked the same way - spinning water around a magnet. I also said I was open to being pointed out as wrong, and that maybe the MB3 was somehow better. Have you pointed out how the mb3 is the opposite if a magnaclean, or just sneered? You decide.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back