Anyone been to a british gas assesment day for plumbing job

Try eon as well they're now offer the same service to customers as BG and most of the BG lads i knew have now moved to them.

Sponsored Links
our plumber left cos he was having to do jobs he wasnt qualified for. if you stick to your guns about your job description then its ok.

i doubt you will be doing upgrades, more likely to be doing cylinders, rads and anything else that the lazy s***s cant be bothered doing. good thing about being a plumber is you wont be on the performance scheme so your time is pretty much your own to manage, was round here anyway.

losing your ability to do homers on a seperate corgi reg obviously wont be an issue for you, just be careful on the homers you do do.

thanks guys for the advice.i have read bg do plumbing and drains cover for £5.75 a month,but it doesnt cover rads,just the valves,and doesnt cover changing taps and washers!

our plumber left cos he was having to do jobs he wasnt qualified for. if you stick to your guns about your job description then its ok.

i doubt you will be doing upgrades, more likely to be doing cylinders, rads and anything else that the lazy s***s cant be bothered doing. good thing about being a plumber is you wont be on the performance scheme so your time is pretty much your own to manage, was round here anyway.

losing your ability to do homers on a seperate corgi reg obviously wont be an issue for you, just be careful on the homers you do do.

thanks guys for the advice.i have read bg do plumbing and drains cover for £5.75 a month,but it doesnt cover rads,just the valves,and doesnt cover changing taps and washers!

yeh but you will do central heating stuff too.

taps and their washers are never covered.

EON , i hear are not too bad to work for and only expect 6/7 jobs a day and don`t take any appliance on over 7 year old.
But then again the guy that told me that also thought BG, Worcester, SG, Himself and and about 3 other companies and now Eon where great and thats been in only 7 years :confused:

Sponsored Links
hope i do get in.why are so many leaving? the grass insnt greener being self employed.I have been very slow since xmas eve
ben :cry:

I think it is generally the emphasis on sales over safety, speed over quality, bodges rather than parts spend, management contempt for engineers, lack of trust, rubbish hardware, stupid work measurements etc etc in the main. Has been getting worse for quite a while but many are tied into the share schemes for up to 5 years before they can escape.

you can remove your money from sharesave anytime you like.

you can remove your money from sharesave anytime you like.

Of course but you lose preferential share purchase price options on the one scheme and matching shares on the other.

At present Money you lose in shares can soon be made up with what can be earned out there, and if the job is that ****e now peace of mind far out ways any monetary benefit from shares pension etc..
Mind you the 7k sharesave turned into 42k in 3 years for me just before i left was a nice little nest egg to go with the years off full sharesave before,

WE did some sub-contracting work for BG and what a nightmare that turned out to be. They give you a price on the job sheet and then when you have finished the job they have started this depreciation of the total figure and come up with a totally different one to the price agreed.

Only at BG

Whats "the performance scheme" all about?

Tim

The performance scheme is about doing an honest days work for an honest days pay ,trouble is managements idea and the workforce idea of this is completely different and middle ground cannot be reached even after 11 years.

not surprising with a company that thinks it is reasonable to expect there engineers to do 10 breakdowns a day and call that a normal workload

Bengas ..And thats where you make mistake depending on what the job is and travel involved 10 jobs can be very easy to do even upto 15 in a day is not unheard off (stuck trvs t/couple changes / valve motors /switches accidently turned off) . And then you have the days where 5 breakdowns will take a day , this is where the middle ground can`t be reached in understanding every day /job is different

its a good job as far as pay goes,22k i think,i will dig out the figures.
ben
:eek: Good :LOL: an employed Corgi in the sticks of Sussex is offered £8k more :LOL: Forget Plumbing it`s dead+ Buried ...CORGI rules :!:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back