Anyone Having Problems Getting Prescriptions From Chemists?

I am diabetic and just got my order for insulin and other meds a need, no problems. I think it is probably a matter of which chemist you use. In normal times, I swapped one chemist for the one I now use because they always took two or more visits for me to be able to get my full prescription completed.
Once you have a good chemist have your doctor send the prescription electronically, they all do that these days.

I am learning this. My Dads pharmacy seems rather poor -they often dont have all the prescription, or theyve forgotten to order it.

Sponsored Links
Dunno why u end up waiting so long in a chemist even when u actually get served

How hard is it to take a box of pills out of a drawer and bung em in a bag for u

Years ago pills used to be. Loose the chemist had to count them out put them in a bottle

Write out by hand instructions and stick em on the bottle and u never really had to wait that long for them and they had to do all that

Now Jeez us wept

Dunno why u end up waiting so long in a chemist even when u actually get served

How hard is it to take a box of pills out of a drawer and bung em in a bag for u

Years ago pills used to be. Loose the chemist had to count them out put them in a bottle

Write out by hand instructions and stick em on the bottle and u never really had to wait that long for them and they had to do all that

Now Jeez us wept

It’s all about stock levels and the costs involved in stocking item. Often lower cost drugs will be more readily available, but other drugs could cost hundreds of pounds and/or have a short shelf life, so have to be ordered in.

Also, consider the lunatics who look at chemist shops as being their midnight supermarket, which they’ll happily break into in the hope they might get a drug that will give them a high! Thousands of pounds worth of drugs could be nicked in a small hold-all.

there could also be insurance restrictions governing the amount of prescription drugs that are stored in the chemist shop

all manner of possibilities these days

Sponsored Links
My wife asked the GP for a 2 month prescription in case she couldn't get out due to lockdown and was told unfortunately they couldn't do it, regardless of the lock down. If she was running out then order another scrip at least 1 week in advance and they would arrange delivery to her. As one of the pharmacists lives just up the road from us it would have been no problem, so long as she was still working when it would be due. Regarding supplies, they don't have any issues getting them delivered. Only a small place but covers quite a large number of small villages in the area.

My wife asked the GP for a 2 month prescription in case she couldn't get out due to lockdown and was told unfortunately they couldn't do it, regardless of the lock down.

actually that is a load of *******s and she should tell her doctor that, he has no restrictions whatsoever on how many items he can prescribe, as long as he was able to justify it - i.e. the patient will need that medication for 2 months. He may be unwilling if it’s for sleeping tablets or items that could become addictive, but by and large he can prescribe any quantity.

for example, what if you were going away to stay with friends in another part of the country, or even overseas? He would certainly give you a 2 month prescription.

I think the real reason here is practise costs. I always order a two month supply to save me the bother of remembering to ring in to place the order, which used to take forever. Now, we can order on-line and get it sent direct to the chemist, but I stick to the 2 month order.

Sponsored Links
Back