Anyone heard of anything I can use to supplement my slabs over-hang?

Sponsored Links
Painting the render brown will hide the stains. This could be the reason why shades of brown are used for garden woodwork. This could also be the reason why your slabs are brown.

I suppose you could do that if you could find the right trim, as mentioned you'll not easily be able to distort a channel to create that, better off getting a better profile if you're hell bent on doing that. And your green trim isn't fixed to the slab edge in that sketch either. You'll also have to mitre the corners where they meet, will all look awful if not done well.

Sponsored Links
The U channel, fixed upside down under the slab lip, will cause the water to run down the front face of the channel and drip away from the wall, (unless the wind is in the wrong direction). The dirty water running between the slabs needs to be prevented, which means re-grouting with a waterproof grout after having removed the current stuff. Or you could clean out the current grout/sealer and re-do with a clear sealant that sets like rubber and is flexible to allow for expansion/contraction in the changing weather.

The U channel, fixed upside down under the slab lip, will cause the water to run down the front face of the channel and drip away from the wall, (unless the wind is in the wrong direction). The dirty water running between the slabs needs to be prevented, which means re-grouting with a waterproof grout after having removed the current stuff. Or you could clean out the current grout/sealer and re-do with a clear sealant that sets like rubber and is flexible to allow for expansion/contraction in the changing weather.

Thanks. What would you advise for fixing the U-channel or plastic conduit?

I used a clear/opaque silicone sealant around a washbasin over 5 years ago. It's had kids swinging from it, adults leaning on it etc and it is still stuck firmly to the wall. I think it may have been from Everbuild. Was definitely suitable for sanitary ware and the washbasin is mounted on a bare-brick wall. (Brick feature meaning it hasn't been plastered).

I used a clear/opaque silicone sealant around a washbasin over 5 years ago. It's had kids swinging from it, adults leaning on it etc and it is still stuck firmly to the wall. I think it may have been from Everbuild. Was definitely suitable for sanitary ware and the washbasin is mounted on a bare-brick wall. (Brick feature meaning it hasn't been plastered).

Good stuff! Thanks :)

You will need to prop the channel in place for a few hours while the sealant sets. Just a couple of timber of the right length to slot in place overnight. Where you 'glue' it to the underside of the slab, run a thin bead along the out edge of the join so the water runs straight down and doesn't sit in a little hollow.

You will need to prop the channel in place for a few hours while the sealant sets. Just a couple of timber of the right length to slot in place overnight. Where you 'glue' it to the underside of the slab, run a thin bead along the out edge of the join so the water runs straight down and doesn't sit in a little hollow.
Will do. Thanks again. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back