Anyone here work for British Gas?

Sponsored Links
All staff with field terminals have their movements and locations logged and monitored. The information is used to assess the effective use of staff and measure call centres performance. This information can not presently be used as a direct means for instigating a disciplinary process against an end user. Real time tracking has been around for over 15 years, all field terminals communicate using a GPS device, this device is in 24/7 contact with the system. It also informs the system when ignition is on/off. green/red/yellow markers.

All staff with field terminals have their movements and locations logged and monitored. The information is used to assess the effective use of staff and measure call centres performance. This information can not presently be used as a direct means for instigating a disciplinary process against an end user. Real time tracking has been around for over 15 years, all field terminals communicate using a GPS device, this device is in 24/7 contact with the system. It also informs the system when ignition is on/off. green/red/yellow markers.

don't forget the office can (and do) phone the customers and ask what time you arrived and left, the COMS drive round and make random visits/drive bys to make sure youn are where you claim to be. They legally can (and do) record and listen to any calls made on the company phone-It's big brother bg style.

Sponsored Links
Real time tracking has been around for over 15 years, all field terminals communicate using a GPS device, this device is in 24/7 contact with the system. It also informs the system when ignition is on/off. green/red/yellow markers.

i think not. want to explain where you got that from?

also tell me how a laptop with no connection to the vehicle tells the office if i have the ignition on? there are "markers" on the office software, they are coloured iirc but they merely show en route, arrived and visible jobs depending on what the engineer has selected on the terminal.

the laptop is a glorified mobile phone, nothing more.

don't forget the office can (and do) phone the customers and ask what time you arrived and left, the COMS drive round and make random visits/drive bys to make sure youn are where you claim to be. They legally can (and do) record and listen to any calls made on the company phone-It's big brother bg style.

as the louse says, these are the only real ways they can check on you, and they do do it. i dont see what the problem is. do your 8 hours or what ever and go home.

I only really know what I was told by a senior manager involved in the development of the system which was that someone in the office has access to real time tracking as and when required. Indeed anyone who has had a run in with their com recently and had a raft of paperwork covering everything about their working day can testify...bg even know your preferred toilet stop times!, they even keylog the pcs ffs!!

I worked at Staines HQ and was involved in the implementation and field trials when the hunter system was dropped. Also got rollocked for hacking my field terminal to access the internet via the in built gps phone, got away with it for yonks, had to re-boot every 3 months because of disc updates. Didn't realise the number I was using was a dedicated line for Mitchams data link with service engineers. They complained to IT about system slowing up/jamming occasionally, they tracked it to the phone/number fitted within my laptop, it was kept quite as they didn't want me advertising the loophole into system/program on laptop hard drive. Spent a week at Staines as punishment for the havoc I allegdly caused watching/helping planners, who where old friends from district days so learnt a lot of other stuff about allocation system.

Bit like the very first laptops , a lot came back in with satellite tv decoders on them.
Everytime they brought something new out and said it was tamper proof and the we know where you are all the time routine. Within days it was around how to disable stuff.
Took me 5 mins from getting the big hard case one to work out how to stop it transmitting.

Still think the best one was the first one when you could alter the internal clock to suit whatever time you wanted to book.

I only really know what I was told by a senior manager involved in the development of the system which was that someone in the office has access to real time tracking as and when required. Indeed anyone who has had a run in with their com recently and had a raft of paperwork covering everything about their working day can testify...bg even know your preferred toilet stop times!, they even keylog the pcs ffs!!

sorry ollski, im not buying it. there have been plenty of ****s in this area who would have been prime fodder for such underhanded use of tracking. no-one has been pulled up for it. it doesnt exist.

I worked at Staines HQ and was involved in the implementation and field trials when the hunter system was dropped. Also got rollocked for hacking my field terminal to access the internet via the in built gps phone, got away with it for yonks, had to re-boot every 3 months because of disc updates. Didn't realise the number I was using was a dedicated line for Mitchams data link with service engineers. They complained to IT about system slowing up/jamming occasionally, they tracked it to the phone/number fitted within my laptop, it was kept quite as they didn't want me advertising the loophole into system/program on laptop hard drive. Spent a week at Staines as punishment for the havoc I allegdly caused watching/helping planners, who where old friends from district days so learnt a lot of other stuff about allocation system.

not many answers to my questions there. you seem to be on about the original laptop which makes you 12+ years out of date.

sorry ollski, im not buying it. there have been plenty of **** in this area who would have been prime fodder for such underhanded use of tracking. no-one has been pulled up for it. it doesnt exist.

Do you not remember the unions agreement with the company that they wouldn't use it for disciplinary procedures nickso?. That agreement would imply the technology is there.

sorry ollski, im not buying it. there have been plenty of **** in this area who would have been prime fodder for such underhanded use of tracking. no-one has been pulled up for it. it doesnt exist.

Do you not remember the unions agreement with the company that they wouldn't use it for disciplinary procedures nickso?. That agreement would imply the technology is there.

the GPS system is not real time tracking.

ok, maybe they can find out where you are by using GPS, pretty much anyone can buy the technology to do that i believe, but it is not used in everyday operations by BG. right now they have no idea where my van is and therefore have no idea where i am. management may have access to track you if they really felt like it, your despatcher does not.

whats the first thing they ask you when you phone up for more work? where are you?

why phone customers houses to track your movements? why have COM's driving hire cars to track you?

there will undoubtedly be a time where there is a bloke watching red dots on a map screen with pay numbers and info on whether i need a **** at that particular moment. right now they just dont have it. someone would have used it in an improper manner by now and the union would have gone mental until they got their brown envelope.

i believe that you, like me, are not a ****taker when it comes to your times ollski. i personally wouldnt be bothered by real time tracking. the only thing that woiuld annoy me is the assumption that i am taking the **** just to root out a few blokes who could be caught by far easier and no doubt cheaper methods which they already use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back