Anyone here work for British Gas?

Mickey g they bought them , they never set them up.

Davegas
Read it it does not say there is a law there to stop it, it says robust scrutiny and MAY change the law so you have still not proved your comment.,

The government decided to open up the market it didn`t tell BG to GET OUT of it THEY CHOSE to .There was still a lot of money to be made from selling gas as centrica have proved BG chose to go of in another direction to maximise profit .And leave centrica with a mountain of debt to the oil companies
So another thing you are wrong on

Sponsored Links
Davegas sorry to hear your lass was throwing it about while you where on the rigs but hey thats life ;)
Funny how you CV has changed during this thread thought you left NG To come to centrica as an engineer last year after the chinese bought your area ???? Now you say you cam from off shore with centrica which is it

Pennine gas and NGSS , Very small players but they are in the business of selling gas which is what you think gazprom will not be allowed to do in this country but that is exactly what centrica do.
Find the gas and sell it, someone else transports it within the country (NG ETC) .

Sponsored Links
09 registrations are having trackers fitted I have been told, they can track you by the mobile phone at the office during work hours aswell.

bg are unoffically sacking those who have poor selling figures by any means nessecary (they will find a reason to cover it up).
This is what the coms are instructed to do at high level.

i still doubt 09 vans will have deicated trackers.
they cannot track you by mobile phone.
i have yet to hear of anyone being sacked for not selling. if that was the case i would have been binned ages ago. you may be sacked for poor overall performance.

'Cause they know quite a bit from terminal.

I left Scarborough for a Beeford job but didn't notice another Scarborough job had come down.

I messaged office "you didn't send me the other Scarborough job until I got to Beeford" came back "we have you recorded as receiving it at 11:30 in Scarborough".

they know where you are at what time.

no they dont. their software can tell if you have a job on your screen and can tell what time you saw it. that software cannot say if you saw that job 40 miles from where your last job was.

The vans don't have trackers as such but they have been trackable via the gps since the p2's were introduced. The union were hoodwinked into accepting it by a guarantee that the information would not be used for disciplinaries.
Personally I have no issues with a tracker in the van as it means they wont have a leg to stand on when it comes to performance bs.

most vehicles now do not have p2's. no one has been able to say whether the new nokia setup is able to do the same as the p2. i doubt it and at any rate if you didnt dock the p2 it wouldnt work by gps anyway.

but if the boiler is under 7yrs old they have to fix or replace under 3st. Only a gullable fool would pay bg for a boiler change.

i believe thats up to ten years now and a free boiler change is very rare indeed.

P.s, if you were a half decent engineer you'd be registered with the engineering council of the uk and an institution, therefore receiving monthly magazines covering the worldwide gas industry, topics such as Gazprom, oh and maybe attend the odd seminar and industry events about the future of the gas distribution/transmission/supply/repair sectors. :rolleyes:

oh dear. :LOL:

being a good engineer has nothing to do with the politics side of it. dont turn into another agile with your exlclusive clubs that you "must" be part of to massage your ego.

Pennine gas and NGSS , Very small players but they are in the business of selling gas which is what you think gazprom will not be allowed to do in this country but that is exactly what centrica do.
Find the gas and sell it, someone else transports it within the country (NG ETC) .

I take back what I said and stand corrected on that part. I spoke to my mate this morning and he made some noises about getting around problems by buying companies under a certain % of market share . Anyway, he still reckons not in a million years will they be able to buy out a residential energy supplier with a substantial market share. Guess we'll just wait and see.

Well if your mate and davegas lass says it , i guess a multi billion pound company who can buy just about anyone and anything it wants will just have to walk away. ;)
As i have said there is NO current law that can stop them .

Well if your mate and davegas lass says it , i guess a multi billion pound company who can buy just about anyone and anything it wants will just have to walk away. ;)
As i have said there is NO current law that can stop them .

my mate works for a major financial trading company, and his dad owns it. If someone can buy someone, or if its likely to happen its their job to know everything about it, and this story is a closed book as far as they and most of the city are concerned. I asked him because he knows alot better than me, I'm just a heating engineer, I only know what I can read. They know better than me.
But then again, if you say so, then who is anyone else to question your expertise on the subject. ;)

oh dear I seem to have kicked up a storm. :LOL:

as much as its grates on me to agree with bawbag and thickso I have got to say that Igem is a load of crap and means sweet f.a.

Centrica are no more british than any ftse 100 company as their shares can be bought and sold by anyone with the cash whatever their nationality may be.

Gazprom can buy them by the back door using all sorts of dodgy market practices if they so wish.

The vans don't have trackers as such but they have been trackable via the gps since the p2's were introduced. The union were hoodwinked into accepting it by a guarantee that the information would not be used for disciplinaries.
Personally I have no issues with a tracker in the van as it means they wont have a leg to stand on when it comes to performance bs.

at any rate if you didnt dock the p2 it wouldnt work by gps anyway.

No thats because the receiver / transmitter is in the van, the p2 unit itself did not have that capability.

at any rate if you didnt dock the p2 it wouldnt work by gps anyway.

No thats because the receiver / transmitter is in the van, the p2 unit itself did not have that capability.

er yes i know but if it wasnt docked it alledgedly wouldnt communicate. whether or not that is true is by the by seeing as the brick is gone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back