Anyone here work for British Gas?

Vans have no tracker ,and if you dont want traced take battery out of p2 or cover with sheet of lead ,transco guys do it all the time.
Dangermouth good on you if that is how you finished, money it costs them in retraining is paid back a hundred fold on engineers that don`t know how to fix and through lack of training genuinly cant fix and sell a new boiler.

Sponsored Links
but if the boiler is under 7yrs old they have to fix or replace under 3st. Only a gullable fool would pay bg for a boiler change.

No more P2's up here now anyway, replaced with a 'new' nokia little piece of pap and separate tom tom....
Defo a no no for using ya van outside work tho, and like someone else has said... ive never done a job except for friends and family, one of them I ended up getting them to use the on call assist as the part for £400 ( heat ex on a ferroli )

DM
they are the biggest and most profitable installers out there so still a lot of older people who trust them or people who need credit who are willing to use them.
There is no telling some people though
Direct labour is good but they are too few too much done by contractors

Sponsored Links
and why are they so profitable? It's because of their rip off pricing and use of low quality cheap boilers that the makers sell to them at very near cost price.

certainly not because of the quality of job they do and as you say most is subbed out to contractors-why not cut out the middle man?

The simple thing is they are a business and look to maximise profit rightly or wrongly same as the company you work for, they are all the same . Make as much for doing as little as they need to.
But i can never understand people paying top dollar and accepting a contractor pure stupidity and costs them thousands extra.

Should be supporting BG, keep alot of people in work and are one of a dying breed, a BRITISH company :LOL:

Fekin hope so with the increase in share price it would bring i might retire ;)

Nah, no way will Gazprom be allowed to get a company as big as Centrica, (granted Gazprom arent exactly small!) they've already been knocked back a year or so ago when they tried to get another supplier.... instead they got some tiny distribution network. With the political wranglings between the EU and Russia about energy availability the powers that be wont let Russia get control of Centrica, which owns fields on Morcombe, Rough and some in the North Sea.

Excuse me government minister is that your envelope with a 100k in it.
No mine had 200k in it.

Dont kid yourself if they want Centrica they will get it.

thought Centrica was a FRENCH company?

British, just with a stupid name, bit like when royal mail tried Consignia.

EDF = Frenc
Eon = German
Npower = German (owned by RWE)
Southen Electric = British (well Scottish)
BG/Centrica = British

National Grid = British
Northern Gas Networks = Chinese!
Southern/Scotia Gas Networks = Part owned by Borealis and Ontario Teachers
Wales and West Utilities = owned Maquarie Bank Group (australian!)

Where are our companies going!!!

Fekin hope so with the increase in share price it would bring i might retire ;)

Amen to that, gutted it didn't come off a few years ago and now won't happen. Although saying that I'm hoping for a transfer to Direct energy in Canada in the next two years so I'm also hoping bg is retained by centrica.
Lol with the French thing, those bloody doorstep bs utility changers did a fair bit of lasting damage with that one.

Dont kid yourself if they want Centrica they will get it.

EU dont like Russia, wont be allowed to gain access to our markets... trust me.... (our lass works for National Grid's National Control room) and Gazprom as mentioned have already been told they wont be allowed into EU markets.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back