Anyone here work for British Gas?

so nickso, are you telling us there are no good engineers outside of BG?

when have i ever said that? theres good and ****e in every company, ive never denied that of BG either.

you have a different view but i find the ones that stay are generally pretty good engineers with the ability to ignore the bullshit.

doesnt bother me who stays or goes as long as they dont **** up my day.

Sponsored Links
the vans have trackers now so I know a few BG ppl who have bought an estate car or old banger van to do all their private work in. Bg are also weeding out any engineers who have their own registration/public liability etc and sacking them for it. It still goes on though and always will-my old boss used to give me leads for private work for his friends, family etc and would book my days off as holiday to do it. ;)

the vans have trackers now

no they dont.

Bg are also weeding out any engineers who have their own registration/public liability etc and sacking them for it. It still goes on though and always will

there are a few round here still with their own registrations, as long as they keep their heads down its likely they will not be bothered.

I was told all the new vans have been fitted with trackers by a bg engineer I know, he also mentioned about a few sackings over own registrations and private work. One was sacked for private use of the van too.

Sponsored Links
I was told all the new vans have been fitted with trackers by a bg engineer I know, he also mentioned about a few sackings over own registrations and private work. One was sacked for private use of the van too.

how new? last week new or last year new? if there were trackers on the vans we would have heard about it.
also the union would have moaned about it for a few weeks until their payoff cheque from BG cleared.

private use of the van and doing privates is sackable. depends on your area and if you are any good as to how far they take it. some will get sacked and others will get a wrist slap. some may never even be found out.

if you use your own car and dont take the **** with privates i doubt most COMs would be bothered. the ones they want to catch are the ones doing 2-3 full days of work outside BG. the bloke who does the odd job or two for mates or family wont be an issue.

Installing boiler for Family and friends isn't an issue with BG, as long as your honest and let the TSM or Com know about it.

Using your Van for privates is a sackable offence as the insurance only covers you between working hours, using the van outside these hours means the van is insured + your using fuel paid for by BG

09 registrations are having trackers fitted I have been told, they can track you by the mobile phone at the office during work hours aswell.

bg are unoffically sacking those who have poor selling figures by any means nessecary (they will find a reason to cover it up).
This is what the coms are instructed to do at high level.

'Cause they know quite a bit from terminal.

I left Scarborough for a Beeford job but didn't notice another Scarborough job had come down.

I messaged office "you didn't send me the other Scarborough job until I got to Beeford" came back "we have you recorded as receiving it at 11:30 in Scarborough".

they know where you are at what time.

I think it would be quite fair to let bg employees do guvvy's if they pay the overheads of the self employed. Mine were £18,000 last year. Since it is our work they are stealing. That's just fixed costs no goods in that figure. OK I'll take staff wages off, pay out £12,000 and I'll be on an even keel with you. !

thieving is all it is, thieving from bg and thieving from honest people who pay all the right fees insurances advretising and pay for their own training.

The vans don't have trackers as such but they have been trackable via the gps since the p2's were introduced. The union were hoodwinked into accepting it by a guarantee that the information would not be used for disciplinaries.
Personally I have no issues with a tracker in the van as it means they wont have a leg to stand on when it comes to performance bs.

'Cause they know quite a bit from terminal.

I left Scarborough for a Beeford job but didn't notice another Scarborough job had come down.

I messaged office "you didn't send me the other Scarborough job until I got to Beeford" came back "we have you recorded as receiving it at 11:30 in Scarborough".

they know where you are at what time.

they only know what time you press the button, they dont actually know where ya are and at what time.. they are still ways of workin the system :rolleyes:

they only know what time you press the button, they dont actually know where ya are and at what time.. they are still ways of workin the system :rolleyes:

There were Gaz but coms are currently being instruceted to tail engineers like the friggin' cia or something to make sure the laptop is being updated correctly. Failure to do it is regarded as 'theft and fraud' and a straight boot out of the door.

well they're not doing it on our patch :LOL: even wen peaople have been caught all they get is a warning.. they caught two of our lads at the golf course in the bg vans on their rest day, both are still ere :LOL:

I don't know exactly where but I know it has been happening on at least 5 patches round here. You won't always spot 'em as normally they just drive past to see you are where your terminal says you are. I'm sure the 'punishment' varies from one com to another but you may be fortunate at the moment that your patch is not in need of a little thinning out!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back