Anyone here work for British Gas?

Sponsored Links
10 others?!!!???? is it really that bad in your area???? Whats your TSM like?

TSM is ok, though he's the 5th one I've had since joining BG 3 years ago

we've got different TSM's out of the 10, 3 of the engineers are on my team and are actively sending out CV's to other companies.

Christ..... I only started with them last july, but fully qualified and just wanted a bit stability... touch would everything is ok apart from the over zealous bip man...

Sponsored Links
why do you sound surprised dave? 5 tsm's in 3 years that says it all. :rolleyes:

TBH, they arent as bad an employer as some i've worked for.... shell were particular barstewards

TBH, they arent as bad an employer as some i've worked for.... shell were particular barstewards

give them time, you've not even been there a year yet! What did you do at shell?

Technician on the high pressure gas plant/boilers etc as well as being an electrical engineer, went from there to National Grid/Transco, then this area got sold off to the chinese consortium and it nose dived from there..... had all my ACS stuff from working on commercial plant and the offer came up for BG and I thought i'd give it a go just to get away from the hell that was NGN

Have to agree with DM about one thing. Especially if you trained with BG. When you leave and go somewhere decent you realise just how bad things are. The only thing I regret is not leaving sooner, although I'm still glad I did the TSM role for a year, it was good experience, and I still think its the best place to start out.

gas service engineer now reads gas sales any carp you can engineer.
if you are honest,please do not apply for job.
a decent gas service engineer will want to repair/save most appliances as long as they are safe to do so.
see some makers of boilers are no longer making some basic parts for their boilers,ie case seals and flues.
so the makers are now pushing for boiler exchanges more now,i think.

BG cant be that bad to work for. I might ask them for a job.

They train their blokes, THEY! register them with GSR, they kit them out with a nice blue van loaded with nice shiny cooper and brass bits and bobs, they get them to pass on sales leads and they pay them a regular wage.

Then the greedy bloody employee go out in their own time and use the sales leads, the van, the fittings, to further increase their money gain.

These ****s dont have their own GSR, dont charge for materials, dont have insurance, dont pay taxes, dont do GWN.

Lost an oil heating job to one BG moron. He got a mate in Transco to run a new supply pipe to house, for cash. He charged customer £800 to fit boiler and 9 rads. Customer supplied boiler, rads and valves, guess where the rest of materials came from.

We took out a BBU that he fitted about 10 years ago. Never did find the flue liner.

One of the parasites customers actually reported a faulty installation to BG. Turned out he had, (as a cash job) supplied and installed a replacement boiler on to an old miss matching flue.
He was told by a friendly BG manager to be more careful in the future.

How the f**K are small companies, suppose to compete with these parasites.
I thought the east europeans were bad but BG lads are even worse.

Offically at least doing private work is a sackable offence as is private use of the van. Truth is they're all at it (I WAS) as it tops up the meagre wage and like you said you get a very good discount on materials. ;)

Can you honestly say you wouldn't?

I was going to ask.

Currently, what is the deal with the van and personal jobs??

Can you do personal jobs in your private time, with your own tools etc. Can you use BG stuff???

I know some companys let you use the van in your free time for family stuff, like ikea, b&Q projects etc as long as you pay the fuel costs.

I was going to ask.

Currently, what is the deal with the van and personal jobs??

Can you do personal jobs in your private time, with your own tools etc. Can you use BG stuff???

I know some companys let you use the van in your free time for family stuff, like ikea, b&Q projects etc as long as you pay the fuel costs.

A definite nono. I've never done a private other than friends and family but even the guys who were doing lots have totally knocked it all on the head now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back