Anyone use screwfix online?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Just need an opinion on using screwfix online to order

Any good? Got some small works come in and there prices are better then the builder merchant i use, they say they will deliver before 10pm i think.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
stopped using the service long ago as the delivery is either late or not delivered
prefer to shop at the trade counter as they have it or they don't, if not i can then go elsewhere.

I find their service is excellent, although you will need to pay extra to get it delivered in the morning (unless you happen to be at the start of the courier route normally).

kevindgas said:
stopped using the service long ago as the delivery is either late or not delivered

Perhaps you should complain about the courier?

i complained about them constantly, even had stuff delivered by another courier still not much better.
in the end gave up having stuff delivered as trade counter only 10 mins from home it wasn't worth the aggro.

Sponsored Links
i complained about them constantly, even had stuff delivered by another courier still not much better.
in the end gave up having stuff delivered as trade counter only 10 mins from home it wasn't worth the aggro.
small2

Yeah they are 20mins away from me but it takes an hour in there, so slow thats why i thought about the delivery

Haven't used them for a while as they are no longer that competitive but I have used them often in the past; had no problems at all here in Norfolk.

tool station a bit cheaper with minimum £10 for free delivery

use both but order at least an extra day before i need it

I use local private builders merchants and refuse to use large national faceless internet companies.

Actually i have a strong dislike for sheds or large companies and the whole penny pinching ethos that comes with these places.

I can understand why diyers like 'em though.

Give me a privately run joint every time.

I have never bought anything off the internet.

I use local private builders merchants and refuse to use large national faceless internet companies.

Actually i have a strong dislike for sheds or large companies and the whole penny pinching ethos that comes with these places.

I can understand why diyers like 'em though.

I have never bought anything off the internet.

I find this very interesting. I think you are a highly respected forum member here so curious as to why you have a view like this and unwilling to purchase online?

The biggest problem I have with merchants is that its too god-damn expensive. I'm all for helping the local businesses out but some take the biscuit. Some just cant afford to give you the discounts some of the 'sheds' can make. In these current times wherever I can make a saving I will. I have to admit though I have a very decent timber merchants where I get a lot of my timber from. Their service is excellent and very much willing to pay that bit extra for the quality and service. Cant say all merchants are like that. Shame.

I find this very interesting...........curious as to why you have a view like this and unwilling to purchase online?

A builder such as me needs a rapport going with his main supplier which i have got. I can phone them and ask for a delivery which i can (often) get within an hour.
I will also get decent rates but i don't squeeze.

I have been in a situation where i needed one more tonne of gear to finish a job, else it meant finishing the next day and costing £££'s, my builders merchants have obliged.

Throughout the year they save me thousands.

Stuff the big companies!

I still end up with stuff bought online as the wife is always buying stuff.

I used our local independent BM all the time up until 2 years ago but to my dismay, he sold out to Travis Perkins. :rolleyes: Still use them occasionally but the prices have crept up.

I use screwfix online all the time. Probably one order a fortnight or so, for the last probably 7 years.

I've maybe had three orders which have gone wrong in all that time, but on the whole they have been consistantly good.

They will guarantee delivery before 10am, but you have to pay extra for that. It's free next day delivery if you order is over £45 and you're not bothered what time of day it arrives.

I get all my stuff delivered to my dads shop, so I can be out at work and just get it in an evening after work.

I used our local independent BM all the time up until 2 years ago but to my dismay, he sold out to Travis Perkins.
small2
Still use them occasionally but the prices have crept up.

You find that a lot of places now, they all sell out, sign of the times

Its nice to see a wide range of opinions here

Varied results from it.
Most purchases have been ok but then I ordered some cleaning fluids. It arrived and the tops weren't on properly and most of the contents had come out. I emailed them and explained the problem and they promptly sent out some more. It arrived and the driver said " I think this one has leaked too as the box is wet" . Another email and a third shipment, this time the driver said "I'm not even going to bother getting it out of my increasingly clean van". Another email and my money back.
I have used them since with no problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back