Approximate build cost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
What do you think the approximate build cost is for the following :

Single storey extension to back of house. 5x8m. 8 piles down to 8m. Raft floor.

Man hole moved 10m and 2 soil pipes move to new drain position.

In new extension there are 2 doors, 3.5mx2m and 1.5mx2m. Two windows, 1.5x1m each. Two roof lanterns, 2x1m.

Old kitchen to be ripped out and laminate flooring up (area 3.5x8m).
Wall between kitchen and dining room removed (3mlong) and steel put up. Steels also going up on two walls joining new extension.

Builder going to screed floor and put in electrics ready for tiling.

Cheers for any response
S
PS I'm in Essex area.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
approx. 7-10k in materials +legal fees, if you fancy doing all the work yourself and are able to source the materials wisely.

approx. 7-10k in materials +legal fees, if you fancy doing all the work yourself and are able to source the materials wisely.
BS
You going to do the piles yourself?

BS
You going to do the piles yourself?

Jokes on you, I have built 110m2 complete house for under 22k (material costs, without counting in how much my free time is worth...)

What someone might charge for their work,and where they source their materials... that's a different story.
I did tell those are the material costs, didn't I?

I'm about to embark on a similar sized project doing all the labour myself. I've looked long and hard and my materials have just hit £14k in pricing. Have you any suggestions for where I might look to reduce my costs? Would be much appreciated

Take no notice tomfe, wau5 is from another planet.

They call it Planet Troll.(y)

Completely and utterly clueless.
25k posts on a forum! WOW... are you spending all your life away on commenting on forums instead of doing something real?
By the looks of it...

I'm about to embark on a similar sized project doing all the labour myself. I've looked long and hard and my materials have just hit £14k in pricing. Have you any suggestions for where I might look to reduce my costs? Would be much appreciated
Hunt ebay for leftovers from someone else's project, on other things where it doesn't makes sense- just contact few builder merchants with the quantities and make them bid over each other.There are some firms who delivers across country for no charge over certain amount and their prices are way way better than anything you can get locally.
Than think if you can eliminate some things and replace with something else instead.
All the carpentry bits- you can do/build everything yourself except standard sized doors/windows where it's too much pfaff and impossible without experience, again for such thing look on ebay first.

I can also build house for free.
c960fdda12ae9610623b9e192aa59d09.jpg

Hunt ebay for leftovers.
And then after you've spent hundreds of hours of your own time finding and bidding, which you could have worked, and thousands of pounds on fuel picking up the stuff. Then hundreds of hours trying to make what you've got fit what you want. You'll end up with a finished project you wished you'd spent a bit more money and less of your time on.

You can build a house with zero material costs, you've just got to exchange your time for them. You could work in a shop and exchange your time for some bricks for example.
Or you could nick a brick every time you visit a site.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back