Aquastore Halstead 215 vs. Heatrea Sadia CL210 vs. ???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am updating my water cyclinder (in order to create space), have decided on a megaflow solution (i have 3 floors, 2 baths and one shower :oops:

I have been reading all the blogs :eek: and wanted to know if anyone has fitted or has a Aquastore (Halstead) Megaflow? :rolleyes: Most of the plumbers i have had round swear by the usual Heatra Sadia CL210 Unvented/Indirect (even if it is now owned by Baxi)!

One local merchant had recommended this Aquastore Indirect Unvented system and wanted to know the main difference (other than being £200 cheaper)!!! :D

Any other recommendations would be graciously taken onbaord ...

Anyone care to share their worldly wisdom? :idea:

Thanks,[/u]

Sponsored Links
If the £200 is your major concern, then look at the Santon Premier Plus.

Apart from having an external pressure vessel and a very slightly smaller diameter coil, it is EXACTLY the same cylinder as the megaflo.

Rolls off the same production line, same s/steel, same warranty etc, etc,

There are some very good deals on Megaflos via Plumb Center at present as well.

Thanks Dave, very helpful,

Final two points:

1) The local merchants also suggested the a solar (Tribune i think?), as gas and electricity prices soar, these cyclinders could potentially save upwards of 60% of you fuel bills. Is this true? I know the cyclinder itself is an extra £400 in addition to the solar panels etc ... would anyone recommend or stick to what you know? (he also said that it works not only on the sun, but the rays which are continuous even when cloudly and rainy, let's face it that 70% of the time in the UK!

2) Typically what should i be paying to install a standard megaflow? I have the necessary pipework beside my current boiler, the space, merely need to install and remove existing hot water cyclinder and rejig some of the pipework which is all visable ...

Thoughts gentlemen and ladies ofcourse ;) ?

Thanks in advance,
If you wouldn't, you'd never know ...

Magaflow is a brand name and you should not be linking it to other makes like Halstead or Santon.

Before fitting any unvented cylinder you need to check that you have an adequate dynamic flow rate available.

Solar collection is too costly to give any return on the capital costs if the interest is taken into account. Even if you ignore the interest the return on capital is only about 2-3%. It does give you a nice green feeling though. You could also get the installation costs back when selling the house although a survey indicated it made little difference to selling prices.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the responses,

I have one other plumber coming around tomorrow to give me a quote, so far i have had quotes of £700 and £800 to install and dispose of the unnecessary cyclinders and pipework. Is this reasonable?

Best regards,
Wouldn't you want too? :LOL:

An old copper cylinder is worth about £20-£30 in scrap so "disposing" should not be costing you anything!

Call me and I will take it away free if you are in our local area.

I hope these guys have the unvented certificate!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back