Are boiler guarantees worth it? 2,5,7 etc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I see lots of companies advertising boiler guarantees now for 5,7, and in some cases 10 years but are these just marketing spin with the devil in the detail?

The company who services my boiler said they would install Ideal as it comes with 7 years guarantee and they are cheaper than Worcester and Bosch but then you hear horror stories about Ideal boilers.

Sponsored Links
Ideal have come a long way from the engineering and reputational disaster of the Icos and Isar models.

I agree with your installer's recommendation.

Ideal have come a long way from the engineering and reputational disaster of the Icos and Isar models.

I agree with your installer's recommendation.

I know I might be wrong but are the new Ideal copied from designs made by Vaillant? Also Vaillant has cut its guarantee period to 2 years now. So does this mean Ideal has cleaned up its act and has Vaillant got greedy by dropping its guarantee.

Also Worcester seems to win the award in Which but now I read they seem to have rested on their laurels.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back