Are jiffy hangers ok for use on masonry?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are jiffy hangers ok for use on masonry or do I have to persuade my builder to replace them with angled heavy duty hangers cut into the masonry? He's put about 12 screws into the wall for each hanger.

He's only just started installing the jiffy hangers so it shouldn't be too bad to take them down if necessary.

Sponsored Links
Are jiffy hangers ok for use on masonry.... He's put about 12 screws into the wall for each hanger.
Wow! How many hangers has he done?

They will be fine especially with that volume of fixing provided he has not damaged the jiffy or split the masonry with all those fixings.

Thanks Noseall. How many screws do you think would be enough per hanger into the masonry? What size/length, please?

I should have said it's a 3.6m span, ground floor extension roof with 47x175 joists at 400 centres. He's done 6 joists, set out on a batten to get the level on the wall.

Sponsored Links
Jiffy hangers are for timber to timber. Probably be ok but I don't think I would be happy with them in this case.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back