are respirator filters compatible between manufacturers?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I bought a moldex 7000 half mask respirator and a box of half a dozen pairs of filters as I have a lot of raking out and stone cutting to do. Try as I might I can't get a good fit.

If I bought another half mask from a different manufacturer is there any chance my moldex filters would be compatible?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
No. At least not between 3M and JSP (despite them looking similar)

Thanks guys, such is life i'll stump up for some new filters as well. Gap in the market for universal filters, dragon'e den anyone ;)

Sponsored Links
Metabo CAS.
Mafell and Metabo now compatible with each other..

Whoopee! What about Hikoki (or Metabo HPT as it is called in the USA). Same parent company as Metabo, different and incompatible battery system. In any case, do any of thise guys do a full range? (You know, like Makita)

It's a start, but you really need anothe couple of makes (e.g Festool and Bosch) to sign up to.it in order for it to succeed

Rothenberger are on board.
If you have some pipes to join.:mrgreen:

So are Starmix (best industrial vac out there), but where"s the cordless bike cordless wheelbarrow or cordless brush cutter in this lot? Now if you stuck with Makita..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back