Are vertical Joints on a 1.5 course run of blocks ok for stud wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Hope the title was catchy enough

Basically I purchased this old Barn and he started to level the floors with a run of blocks so he could put up stud wall. I like the idea of splitting finishing his plans, due to the floor being over three levels and not level in any direction he ran about 5 or 6 blocks with a course of a 3rd of block underneath, the joints are vertical, which I know isn't the standard but was done due to it being too hard to get the wall level with staggered joints. The wall is dead level, to me I feel ok with the strength of the wall to stick up a stud wall with 3by2s as it won't have any load. But just wanted to make sure the joints will be ok, I'll try to attach a picture

I've walked and jumped on the wall and it's not going anywhere. I know it's not standard but hey it's a 1700s barn is anything standard!

Looking forward to the discussion.

Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back