Asbestos vent pipe removal?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been asked by an interior designer about removing (possibly asbestos)
Vent pipe. If its asbestos can i remove it myself, i have removed an asbestos shed roof before (Following the correct procedures). And got it removed by an asbestos management company. Is this allowed now? Just want to know before the client gets on his high horse! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I'd do it myself.

Where do you get all this work from? How can one guy do it all?

A change of fortune. All this work is from seeds planted long ago, that has now started to come fruition. last year I was down on my @rse scratching around. Things are starting to look up! :D

Yes you can do it. You must take appropriate precautions and personal protection - i.e. wet the material down before breaking, don't cut it with a saw or grinder or anything that will cause excessive dust and wear a suitable mask etc. The most important thing is that you must dispose of the waste properly. It is classes as special waste and must go to a special waste tip or skip. For your records you should ask for a disposal certificate to confirm it has been properly handled.

Sponsored Links
Thanks jed, that what i thought just thought i would check. Apparently the builders on site didnt want to touch it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back