Asda tills

Another thing to consider is that, in this increasingly online world, it seems that the younger generation don't actually like to communicate vocally with other human beings. I've watched them watch a phone ring out in their hand, then they text the person ringing asking what's up.. "Why didn't you just answer the call?" "Oh, I don't like talking on the phone". Self service has its place for the cross section of population that don't actually like human interaction;
I'm not young any more :( however I'm more than happy to complete my shopping experience without speaking to anyone in store. I don't require 5 mins of inane drivel chat with someone chucking my items through the scanner at 100mph.

This is why it's now great that I can also cut my own hair at home. Started doing that during lockdown. No more going to the barbers, sitting waiting if it's busy, then needing to think of stuff to say to break the silence.

Believe it or not I enjoy social interaction, however only in situations that appeal to me.

Sponsored Links
I'm not young any more :( however I'm more than happy to complete my shopping experience without speaking to anyone in store. I don't require 5 mins of inane drivel chat with someone chucking my items through the scanner at 100mph.

The Lidl I recently began going to, because the buses are more convenient than my local one, is rather strange in that it has fewer tills and the tills lack anywhere for the till operator to put the scanned items - nothing more than a tiny shelf, so they have to pause, until you pack each item. They are under pressure to scan items just as fast as possible, and their speed is logged/reviewed. The job cannot be much fun.

This is why it's now great that I can also cut my own hair at home. Started doing that during lockdown. No more going to the barbers, sitting waiting if it's busy, then needing to think of stuff to say to break the silence.

Me too, I would much rather they concentrated on what they were doing than trying to make pointless small talk.

Believe it or not I enjoy social interaction, however only in situations that appeal to me.

Nowt much wrong with having a laugh and a joke with people, it brightens the day and relieves some of the tension.

It’s right enough about the Lang spoon.

Apart from that, what do you think is most important, giving someone instructions on painting their front door, or disproving some dangerous fake news?
On a DIY site? Hmmm, let me think………..

Sponsored Links
On a DIY site? Hmmm, let me think………..
Well if so many will exploit the DIY site to promulgate their perverted xenophobic, islamophobic, racist bigotry, and you won't challenge those views, someone has to.
Of course, if you were prepared to challenge the perverted, bigoted, extremist views, it would leave me time to address more DIY queries. :rolleyes:
But no, instead you add to those bigoted views, and I feel more obligated to challenge your ideology than attend to DIY queries.
For instance, you posted this:
A friend of a friend ( know!) lives in one of the villages near the beach where a lot of them land. They say that most of them just leg it through the village, jumping over back gardens to get away. The two most common questions they ask of villagers is "What way to Leicester" and "Can I charge my phone up". Go ahead, shoot me down, as JohnD often says about me, I. Don’t. Care.
Not an iota of evidence to support your bigoted 'anecdote' which needed to be addressed.
If you hadn't posted such a bigoted anecdote, it would have left me free to respond to a DIY query. :rolleyes:

Back