At last!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I made a post a few weeks ago about being messed about by the company I work for. Update.

My shop finally closed down yesterday at 8pm. I made sure I was there to bring the shutters down for the final time. I was kind of sad, but when I think of the stress that shop has caused me over the last couple of months, I realise that its a fresh start for me.

I went in this morning with about 7 staff, to clear the shelves. We budgeted 2 x 8 hour days with 7 staff to clear the shelves onto roll cages and bread trays. We got it done by 12 o clock today! (2000 sqft shop, approx quarter of the shelves still had stock on) We wrapped all 20 cages in cling film and sent the staff to their new store, up the road to help with the launch tomorrow. The cash was all picked up today, all fridges except one turned off, air con off, everything except the fridge off. We sorted out the final paperwork and locked up.

Unfortunately, I am still a named keyholder so if the alarm plays silly beggars I have to go out in the next week, but other than that I now have until monday 20th off, then I start at my new shop. :D A fresh start in a nice shop. The alarm shouldnt go off - the store will be empty after monday, and theres no air disturbance from the air con.

I have to apologise to the area manager for messing her about, as there have been a couple of alarm call outs in the last 2 weeks that weren't responded to. :oops: She had to get group 4 out to do a patrol. £££££ She wasn't impressed. Career b1tcH.

Then I'll ask her what happened to my payrise. It didn't come through (im sure it should have on this payslip) I feel guilty for asking, because 1. I have messed her about and 2. nearly everyone in the company got a big share payout on this payslip (i got £1k+, many got £3k) due to our company being taken over and all shares being bought by them (the shares were issued to us free, £500 per year). I'll just come out with it i think, after our chat. "Where the f*** is my payrise" :LOL:

I texted one of the staff this evening to ask how it went at their new shop. She didnt seem happy. :( I want them to be happy in their new shop, but what can I do? We had all started to gel as a team, I have been impressed with their work this week, they never used to work this hard for their old boss so they obviously think more of me. I guess I just need to let go and forget that place. Its caused me nothing but hassle. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Back