ATAG A325EC Vs Vaillant 837

No worries bud - was giving my honest opinion too.

Things like the earth terminal have been the same since the early HE's and they still haven't listened :LOL:

No boiler is perfect, but the Intergas is close enough for me - followed by teh Atag of course ;).

Sponsored Links
Blimey there's more gripes with intergas then I got with vaillant dan, it looks like they need to listen to someone like u 2 guys an get some R AND D going? :eek:

They're my gripes only Bunnyman. Actually they perform well, are very easy to service, very forgiving and customers seem happy enough.

Probably the only condensing gas boiler I expect to last a decent lifetime even with infrequent maintenance.

Sponsored Links
Minor ones.
1 Possible need for NRV to prevent reverse circs.
Never had this happen

Point 8.1.1 in the combi manual states that if the CH pipes run vertically from the appliance, that a Non Return Valve should be used.

2. No by-pass on combi.
Combi doesn't need it- although the system might.

How far away from the appliance should an Auto Bypass Valve be installed?

3. Gas valve in way of pump.
How often do you need to get to the pump?

Gas valve takes 10 seconds to remove if access to pump is required.

4. Jig struggle for 1 man.
Never had a problem - although I agree is it a bit flimsy

I usually opt for the robokit if the installation permits it.

5. Need to fix spade connector for controls earth.
Yes that is a ball ache.

Blimey, which crimp spades are you guys using?

Major ones
13. No cable clamps, wires pass through grommet knockout which leaves hole compromising case air tightness,
Most of mine only need the one extra cable so the rubber grommet is fine, although I do by glands for other control installations so not a problem.

I don't think the control pcb is part of the sealed unit, there are some foam sealing strips where the cables for the boiler components pass through the casing.

14. FGA port useless with some side flue installs
True - but do all other companies have test points off the turret elbow?

Do what my mate did to overcome this, try bending your analyser probe :rolleyes:
No, really don't try this, but its true that he did and is always a good topic to mention when trying to get him to bite.

My gripe with the Intergas is their heat exchanger technology that they claim has never failed in 18 years. Altough, I know of 2 that have been changed due to the fins distorting in shape, one of which was sent back to Holland.

The Atag is a very good quality boiler that I've only had experience with for a few years (shortly before it was offered by Rinnai as part of their Twinflow).

James.

James.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back