Atco b14 deluxe lawnmower cable issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have recently purchased an atco b14 deluxe petrol lawnmower, and it works perfectly fine, other than the lever that is meant to stop the blades while it is running, doesn't, will this be just a cable issue, or may it run deeper than that??

Sponsored Links
Wow, is that the old one with the cylindrical clippers?
If it's the one I'm thinking about, the clutch is centrifugal so when the mower is ticking over, everything stops.
A picture would be good, especially with the side cover off.
John :)

I'll take a pic later and put it on but it has 2 levers, one on the left that just stops the self prepelled roller and one on the right below the revs that is supposed to stop the blades, and I assume stop the roller so you can empty the grass box, while the engine is still running and yes it's got a cylinder blade

Sponsored Links
Usually when you pull the handles, the cable lifts a roller tensioner which pulls a belt tight, giving you drive.
They dwell under the left hand side triangular cover.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back