B&Q 8 watt kitchen unit light

Magnolia Matt said:
Ok ..... well .... Option 1 would have cost £500 at current Sparky prices considering the cable run involved.
Junction box accessible for inspection ... i.e. 2 blank cover plates over each connection strip join ......... would spoil the decor big time.
crimps applied with a ratchet crimper, heat-shrink sleeving and waterproof self-amalgamating tape. ... presumably this is what a Sparky would have charged the £500 for ... I did better, I covered connector strips with very expensive Gaffer Tape
Seriously tho' ..... next time I drill thru a cable I will ask on here first before forging ahead.

If your car wheel was damaged would you replace it with a pushbike wheel?
Listen to Ban He`s giving you very important information

Sponsored Links
I don't think he's interested.

Seen this before - people read advice that they don't like, and they think that if they pretend they never read it it doesn't apply....

Yep , I know, you do your best to help, but when it comes to expense/spoiling decor versus safety then the order of priorities gets strained.

Case in point, last week I got a call, us and our home help are getting shocks in bathroom.
I respponded as a priority, Main bonded, visualled under bathroom floor for anything obvious, sup bonded bathroom and as I was running last bond (to bath light) got the comment "bear in mind we`re pensioners we can`t afford a big expense".
Bit my lip and thought yes do you want to still be pensioners tomorrow.

The bill goes out today, I expect some response .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back