Bad news for libby lou lou

The BBC said:
Lawyer Nick Freeman - known as Mr Loophole because of his success at getting clients acquitted of motoring offences - said he also thought the new legislation unfair.

He said: "I'm concerned that people are going to be placed under pressure to try and name - and of course there are genuine cases; many, many genuine cases where people simply don't know who was driving, and my theory is that they're going to put down a name simply to avoid getting six penalty points."
And so doing him out of a job - double bonus! :D[/quot

So, because he's good at his job,he should be put down ? good at your job softus ?
If nick was the only brief that could get you off with 10yrs in prison, would you use him ? (assuming you had the dough).
he's a clever rich man, just like our polititions...i must fill my pockets!!

Sponsored Links
libby lou lou said:
So, because he's good at his job,he should be put down ?
It has nothing to do with whether or not he's good at his job.

good at your job softus ?
What do you think? :D

If nick was the only brief that could get you off with 10yrs in prison, would you use him ? (assuming you had the dough).
No. But if we're allowed to use ridiculous and hypothetical scenarios, then if you had a shred of honesty would you use it?

securespark said:
The other is that we all know that Gatso's and the like are just cash cows for HM Gov. They do not improve the road safety stats - in many cases, casualties have increased.

Let's have your information source then.

joe-90 said:
securespark said:
The other is that we all know that Gatso's and the like are just cash cows for HM Gov. They do not improve the road safety stats - in many cases, casualties have increased.

Let's have your information source then.

A friend lives near what was an accident black spot. There had been several reported accidents per year some with serious injuries and many minor accidents and near misses that were not reported so did not appear in "statistics". After a Gatso was installed and clearly sign posted the accident rate dropped to zero. A civilian police worker has also commented on the amazing reduction in accidents at that location.

On the other hand there are concerns that cars seeing a speed camera slow down suddenly and the car behind goes into them. Hard cheese. If they had to slow down then they knew they were going too fast and the person behind had to be either too close to them or not paying attention.
And sudden braking without consideration of following traffic is also bad driving.

Sponsored Links
bernardgreen said:
If they had to slow down then they knew they were going too fast and the person behind had to be either too close to them or not paying attention.

Not always the case. On more than one occasion I have been following a car at an indicated speed equal to the speed limit. (I know my speedo reads 2 mph high at 30). The vehicle in front has braked suddenly to 5 mph below the speed limit. I anticipate this will happen and allow for it, but they weren't exceeding the limit and had no need to brake.

oilman said:
bernardgreen said:
If they had to slow down then they knew they were going too fast and the person behind had to be either too close to them or not paying attention.

Not always the case. On more than one occasion I have been following a car at an indicated speed equal to the speed limit. (I know my speedo reads 2 mph high at 30). The vehicle in front has braked suddenly to 5 mph below the speed limit. I anticipate this will happen and allow for it, but they weren't exceeding the limit and had no need to brake.

I did say "if they HAD to slow" down. There are those ""drivers"" who slow down anyway because they either don't trust their speedo of haven't time to look at it when they see the camera.

There are those also, who dont trust the camera, and believe that if they actually do 50mph, they will get a penalty. Therefore they do 40 in a 50 area where there's a camera. I enjoy zooming past them at bang on 50. I see this every day on a dual carriageway near my house. The same happens a little further down the road where the limit is 40, they all slow down to 35! :eek: I expect these 2 cameras are set to trigger well above the limit anyway, being on a dual carriageway, which is usually free flowing.

There was a documentary on BBC a year or so ago, which showed a camera van being used on the other side of this very road, and the copper said he had his camera set to 48, as he was in the 40 area, but about 400 yards after his position, the limit changed to 50. This, IMO, is fair, perhaps he spent more time looking for people driving dangerously, which also happens a lot on this road.

Back