Bad news for libby lou lou

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7008914.stm

:D

The BBC said:
Lawyer Nick Freeman - known as Mr Loophole because of his success at getting clients acquitted of motoring offences - said he also thought the new legislation unfair.

He said: "I'm concerned that people are going to be placed under pressure to try and name - and of course there are genuine cases; many, many genuine cases where people simply don't know who was driving, and my theory is that they're going to put down a name simply to avoid getting six penalty points."
And so doing him out of a job - double bonus! :D

Sponsored Links
In the "family sharing the car" scenario the decision is easy ... One with the least points (or the one whose insurance will be affected the least) was driving ;)

Great news. People like Nick Freeman are a menace to society, IMO.

Sponsored Links
Steve said:

I agree, if people commit an offence they shouldn't get off due to a loophole. If you don't want to get fined or have points on your licence then don't speed! Simple.

Tim 77 said:
Steve said:

I agree, if people commit an offence they shouldn't get off due to a loophole. If you don't want to get fined or have points on your licence then don't speed! Simple.
We all speed from time to time. If I ever get caught, at the very least I will take whats coming my way. I understand the consequences of my actions, and am man enough to take this. And if I do get caught, and take the points for it, I place such value and reliance on my driving license, that I will see it as a warning not to speed again. Unlike many people who simply enjoy counting their points, not realising the eventual consequence.

What REALLY hacks me off is taxi drivers driving how the hell they like. Doing 60 down a 40 dual carriageway, just because its night time. My plea to south yorkshire police is to stick a camera van on the A638 between 11pm saturday and 3am sunday. I'd love to see some of these galactically bad drivers get whats coming to them. While I'm in their car :evil: :LOL:

we used to make a point of stopping speeding taxi drivers. We would always make them turn the meter off as well when they had a customer on board. Theyd get it from us and from the customer. So called professional drivers

Steve said:
We all speed from time to time.

Not me these days. I get overtaken and tailgated on a daily basis but never creep above the limit. I've got better things to spend my money on than a speeding fine. It makes me laugh when drivers think that by sitting on my bumper they'll make me drive faster, I simply slow down making it easier for them to overtake me. As my Grandma used to say
"It's better to be 20 minutes late in this World than 30 years early in the next"

Tim 77 said:
Steve said:

OK. But there are two issues here. One is where you genuinely cannot remember: it has happened. In this case, you have to show due diligence - try & unearth any receipts that may prove who was driving. Send the names & addresses of all drivers to the police, along with a covering letter etc. Then you can hold your hand on your heart in front of the Mag & say you have done your best to try & identify the driver. In cases like this, where due diligence has been shown, it is very common for the case to be dropped.

The other is that we all know that Gatso's and the like are just cash cows for HM Gov. They do not improve the road safety stats - in many cases, casualties have increased.

It is up to the registered owner to keep a log of who is driving and when.

As far as your daft claim that slowing cars down increases accidents with 'casualties'- can we have your source?

If only life were so simple and we all had the time (or inclination) to know which of the 4 kids had run the red light :LOL:

pick the one thats being the biggest pain in the arse at the time then! :LOL:

megawatt said:
If only life were so simple and we all had the time (or inclination) to know which of the 4 kids had run the red light :LOL:

Well if you can't be bothered - then YOU pay it.

Sponsored Links
Back