bad spelling competition

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I spotted this advert in a copy of the friday ad. Took me a little while to work it out.

SMALL QUANTITY OMT/ Agrugat forpatio base foundation

anybody got any other examples they can add from real life? (this will probably set Noseall off!)

Sponsored Links
"correct annunciation, pronunciation and spelling are what separates humans from chavs"

Not bad spelling......but sign outside a local shop.........
'Open 7 Day's a week including Sunday' :?: :?:

Wotan

Sponsored Links
Here in the NHS (or our bit of it anyway) we have our own electronic noticeboard. Bad spelling is common but the worst culprit by far is "plummer".

I got so sick of seeing this that I risked being kicked off by replying to the notice "Excellent plummer available (blah! blah!)" with this one:

"Does he grow his own plums?" :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

PS: THe DIYnot spell checker accepted "plummer". I'll have to look it up now. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Not bad spelling......but sign outside a local shop.........
'Open 7 Day's a week including Sunday' :?: :?:

Wotan
Is that a 2-in-1 then Wotan? Nonsensical as well as an aberrant apostrophe?!

Spelling my arse!...

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.

Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig! and yuo awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

Spelling mistakes are on the increase. I think its because we are all ways to reddy to believe hour spill chockers. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

PS: There's a bonus mark for spotting the missing apostrophe. ;) ;) ;)

PPS: I've just remembered this one. I saw a big poster on a factory wall nearly twenty years ago. It said:

LET'S ALL TRY TO GET TO WORK ON TIME EVERYDAY

One thing that gets me is on forums, or ebay etc. The number of people who put "off" instead of "of", and "brought" instead of "bought".
eg.
I brought it,

instead of,

I bought it.

It was one off many,

instead of,

It was one of many.
:rolleyes:

One thing that gets me is the amount of people who are so interested in what other people are doing/not doing. Language is not perfect. It evolves. The main thing is to make yourself understood. After that, everything is a bonus.

Sponsored Links
Back