Ban those stupid xmas jumpers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anybody else find those xmas jumpers stupid and annoying... and the idiots that wear them are more stupid and annoying as their jumpers....... cant wait until boxing day

Sponsored Links
I can't think of a less welcome gift except, of course, for socks.

Personally, my least favourite gift is handkerchiefs. I possess literally over a hundred accrued over the years.

Humbug! What an attitude at Christmas. If these jumpers are giving thousands and thousands of people wearing them pleasure and perhaps many more thousands like myself pleasure in seeing them been worn, why on earth should we let people like you put a damper on things? At my local secondary school today, most of the kids turned up in a Christmas jumpers as did most of the teachers. Tomorrow, I have decided that, despite getting on a bit, I will venture out and get me a Christmas jumper and will post a pic here on or after the big day.

Perhaps a ban would be going too far but they are a symbol of how wasteful society is. Most if not all of these jumpers are made on the other side of the planet , shipped over here and worn little more than a couple of times ( go on just how many have you seen being worn in febuary , June or September?) before being chucked in the bin or if they're lucky dumped at a charity shop to be shipped across the globe again.

Sponsored Links
Just switched over to 'Text Santa Christmas Jumper Day' on ITV. My Heaven, your Hell. Have a look.

Humbug! What an attitude at Christmas. If these jumpers are giving thousands and thousands of people wearing them pleasure and perhaps many more thousands like myself pleasure in seeing them been worn, why on earth should we let people like you put a damper on things? At my local secondary school today, most of the kids turned up in a Christmas jumpers as did most of the teachers. Tomorrow, I have decided that, despite getting on a bit, I will venture out and get me a Christmas jumper and will post a pic here on or after the big day.
Make sure you get one of those with a couple of reindeer on. :p

Perhaps a ban would be going too far but they are a symbol of how wasteful society is. Most if not all of these jumpers are made on the other side of the planet , shipped over here and worn little more than a couple of times ( go on just how many have you seen being worn in febuary , June or September?) before being chucked in the bin or if they're lucky dumped at a charity shop to be shipped across the globe again.
So what?

My son bought one four or five years ago and wears it when he's home from uni every Christmas. I am sure you are well aware of the fact that they are not intended to be worn in February, June or September. And as for our society being wasteful, our retail outlets thrive on it.

But just why aren't they meant to be worn in February , June or September ? Would anyone buy a pair of jeans that could only be worn for one week in a year? And yes our retail outlets thrive on it and more specifically on those gormless enough to buy into it.

But just why aren't they meant to be worn in February , June or September ? Would anyone buy a pair of jeans that could only be worn for one week in a year? And yes our retail outlets thrive on it and more specifically on those gormless enough to buy into it.
You're just being pedantic.
Yep, lets wear my xmas jumper with santa all over it in the summer........:rolleyes:

Good for you and if you do I will solemnly promise not to take the mick , now if everyone else will do the same ..........

Good for you and if you do I will solemnly promise not to take the mick , now if everyone else will do the same ..........
Thanks,

We are honoured you may not take the mick when we have our santa jumpers on outside of xmas..
I'll let you know when I've got mine on in June......:D

Make sure you wear it in the summer as well though. Otherwise you may upset your new buddy Lola....

Sponsored Links
Back